interior options

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
I really dont like the interior of the Mk3 lol. I know this is a 80s car and was probably big pimp back then. Anyways so far im thinking of redoing my whole interior black. I Just wanted to know what you guys think of black interior for those who have it black. What other options are there for interior. I heard of the recaro inserts.
Pics of your guys interior would be awesome :D!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Black interior looks good on our cars. As does blue, gray (light or dark), or even the tan/brown that came in it. Unless you're one of those unfortunate souls who got the truly 80's burgundy interior... in which case I sympathize with you sir.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Iirc leather seats.com or something sells black covers. There is thread of step by step that is pretty recent.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MarkIII4Me;1885176 said:
I believe the MK3's interior will look good in any color as long as it's not faded. I redid mine in black several years ago and really like the results. Maybe you can get a few ideas from my interior refresh thread:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?98641-Operation-quot-Can-t-hear-shit-quot-*Pics*
There are some people who do fast, there are some people who do nice. Seems you might be one of the people more in that latter camp (at least until you're done making it nice, then start with the fast), but I couldn't be happier to see that. Still an inspiration to me, and part of the reasoning I'm glad my 87 still has all the original sound deadening in place. I really only wanna hear a low roar when I get on the loud pedal unless my windows are down.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
DOUBL3 D;1885097 said:
I have burgendy. It's awful haha, the shitty part is its in MINT and I mean MINT condition. I'd love to go tan someday but they're so hard to find it seems.

I love the burgundy. Sell me your interior and use my money to buy new stuff. ;)
I know it's an age thing, just has to be, but back in the 80's, burgundy was everywhere and as those burgundy cars go, the supra is a decent rendition of it. I know peeps will jump my case about this but since the cars were new, i have always thought that the blue leather was so ugly it borders on comical. Not that there are many burgundy cows around, but at least burgundy is in the earth tone range. Blue leather is so unnatural my mind just can't wrap around it.

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
iruyle;1885189 said:
I love the burgundy. Sell me your interior and use my money to buy new stuff. ;)
I know it's an age thing, just has to be, but back in the 80's, burgundy was everywhere and as those burgundy cars go, the supra is a decent rendition of it. I know peeps will jump my case about this but since the cars were new, i have always thought that the blue leather was so ugly it borders on comical. Not that there are many burgundy cows around, but at least burgundy is in the earth tone range. Blue leather is so unnatural my mind just can't wrap around it.
I love the burgundy interior as well and would love to buy some mint condition pieces if the chance ever presented itself.

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
MarkIII4Me;1885274 said:
I'd like to think I fall in both categories. :)

You and me both. I'm in the process of restoring my 86.5 na so it excels at disappointing in both categories. I like to tell people that it may not look very nice but at least it's slow as Hell.

beachmaster

Jun 29, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
iruyle;1885189 said:
I know it's an age thing, just has to be, but back in the 80's, burgundy was everywhere and as those burgundy cars go, the supra is a decent rendition of it.

I'm the same way. I can easily see why the burgundy would be visually repellent to younger people. It just has a very dated look. Very 70s/80s. But as a child of the 80s, that's exactly what I DO like about it. So while I can certainly recognize that the burgundy is dated and not particularly 'beautiful' or desirable to most, I love it and appreciate it for what it is: Pure 80s goodness!

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
I love my burgandy interior. One day when I have more money than sense ill freshen it up with some oxblood leather. But until then I'm happy with what I got.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
^
Ahhhh! The memories!

J/k, to each their own. I've seen awesome looking fabric oxblood interiors in old Supra brochures, but
anything I've seen in my time looks old and faded. I had no choice but to change mine.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Im in the middle of redoing mine (just have the driver seat to go) with stuff i got from leatherseats.com and there kit is great to work with.