Interior lighting issue

nwoods29379

Nov 2, 2010
Woodruff, SC
I recently got my 86.5 MKIII back on the road.
All the interior lights work properly except the dome light and lights on the visors.
Does anyone have a clue as to what could prevent the dome light from coming on at all?
Another wierd issue is that when I first got the car around a year ago and brought it to my house to park it while waiting on money for parts the alarm worked fine. Now the alarm doesn't seem to activate.

nwoods29379

Nov 2, 2010
Woodruff, SC
I had already did a search, but the main thing that comes up is "the rivets" which relies on the vanity mirror lights still working, which they didn't until about 2 minutes ago. Not sure what I did or what the problem was, possibly a bad connection though. I removed the dome light and checked for voltage on the connector and it was dead, I went ahead and punched the rivets anyway since I was already there. Re-installed the dome light and still nothing which I figured since no voltage. Checked at the drivers side vanity mirror and no voltage there. Removed the drivers kick panel and took out the integration relay. No visibly bad parts in the relay so re-installed it. Still nothing came on. I decided to check into the vanity mirrors more since they should just have power at all times. I removed the bulb and double checked to make sure it was good. When re-installing the bulb there was a flicker. Played with the switch a bit and all of a sudden it started working. Checked the passenger side and now it worked but still no dome light. Started just randomly messing with the switches and then all of a sudden it came on.

nwoods29379

Nov 2, 2010
Woodruff, SC
Now if I can just figure out why the alarms is not arming. Leaning toward the drivers door switch since I can unlock it and the switch works, but when locking it nothing happens. Also the drivers side lock switch on the door panel will unlock but not lock properly. So my gut tells me the alarm issue is in the drivers door.