Interesting fuel cut

Dave46

Why Not?
Nov 10, 2014
CT
You probably opened this post thinking "oh boy not another question about fuel cut... blow your head gasket already!"

But this is a bit different. My 7M is now tuned to run on MAP with an IAT sensor welded right before the throttle body. The air fuel meter is disconnected. Fuel pressure is 35psi.
I have 550cc injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and walboro 255 pump.
My turbo is a 61mm and whether I am on wastegate pressure or 15psi I hit fuel cut around 5000rpm.

Boost gauge does not spike or go over what it is set to. I have a cheap manual boost controller. Before you say that 20$ shit is causing my problem it is on there for testing purposes and I have been experiencing this issue without a boost controller as well. My piggyback boost control is waiting to get hooked up for when I find the fix to my problem.

Any thoughts guys? The afr's do not lean out they stay consistently rich in the mid 10 to low 11 range and stay there until all fuel is cut.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Any piggyback you use will simply translate MAP signals to frequency, in order to satisfy the stock ecu's needs.
That said, fuel cut can almost always be reached with a piggyback.
So, first thing I would check for is boost leaks, or exhaust leaks around the manifold nd turbine inlet.