interchangeable ecu & harness?

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
ok, first of the 1jz-gte comes from 3 different cars: supra, soarer, cresta/chaser/cressida (whatever you wanna call it). now heres the deal, i've heard there are differences between the 5spd ecu and a/t ecu when it comes to rev limit, and i want that full 5spd effect, but im doing a 5spd 1jz in a 90 cressida, and the cressida/chaser/cresta is only available in auto. if you find a 5spd one that obviously means the person who owned it in japan did the conversion. i was actually lucky enough to find a 5spd swap that came from a cressida (came with front sump oil pan & a/t ecu) & (once again that means it was converted, and was probably drifted the shit out of!!!) anyway bottom line is i wanna run a 5spd ecu but not 100% sure if its ok being the fact that i see everyone using ecu and harness applications for the corresponding car. i never seen anyone mix an match the ecu and harness. do you have to play around with wiring or what? im also getting ready to send my harness to get wired up so if something needs to be done to get the 5spd ecu to work i would like to know pretty soon. so can someone confirm this or share some info it.

AND IF IT CAN WORK THIS WOULD ALSO MEAN I WTB A 5SPD ECU!

thanks, daniel

Charlie97L

Jul 16, 2005
Clarksburg, MD
it will depend on the options that came with the ecu donor car... for instance, a lot of soarers came with traction control, among other things. i'm not too familiar with cressida's, but as 5spd ecu's are generally less complex than auto ECU's, and you are doing a 5speed, it stands to reason that any basic 5spd ecu would work for the engine...

now for the body harness, most likely you'll have to adjust/re-wire some things, but you'd have to do that regardless.

Zufyxe

JZA80 RZ MT
Aug 17, 2005
Moscow, Russia
and the cressida/chaser/cresta is only available in auto. if you find a 5spd one that obviously means the person who owned it in japan did the conversion
- sorry, but that's not true. There was JZX90-CEMVZ frame Cresta Tourer V avaliable in 5MT. It seems you have the same one. Also there were Chasers and Mark-IIs with the same 5MT.
It is possible to mix AT ECU with 5MT transmission. And, anyway, you can by original 5MT ECU for JZX90 Cresta.

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
Zufyxe said:
- sorry, but that's not true. There was JZX90-CEMVZ frame Cresta Tourer V avaliable in 5MT. It seems you have the same one. Also there were Chasers and Mark-IIs with the same 5MT.
It is possible to mix AT ECU with 5MT transmission. And, anyway, you can by original 5MT ECU for JZX90 Cresta.

wow this makes me feel more proud of my swap. thanks for that piece of info on the cresta. i had no idea they came 5spd, then again thats in japan and they had every friggin option available. now only if i can find that ecu that would be a bonus.