intake pipe for single kit?

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
Does anyone know where I can get an intake pipe for my single kit? I'd like to just buy something that fits well with no mods, and has two ports that I can route a hose for my iscv and pcv. Also what size filter should I get? I've been looking at the aem dryflow 4"x9", anybody running that?

thanks in advance guys.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
1jz?

on my T4 im going with a 4inch k&n thats 9 inches long and a 4 inch 45 deg pipe right to the turbo and the two fittings i need i am going to either weld the fittings on with the apropriate alumnium pipe or the kits they sell (saw em on suprasport.com) that have a tube with a rubber thing to keep it in place on the pipe

zoppii

Pro Lurker
May 21, 2007
Palm Harbor
Another idea for you.
I had Arron send me a 4 inch pipe and welded in my own fittings where I wanted them and had it ceramic coated (inside and out). The fittings were actually the metal inserts of my 7M accordian hose. The 6 inch round filter kit I bought for a 7M and just cut the square opeing that was intended to fit over the 7M AFM into a round 4 inch circle and then welded a 4 inch pipe that was about 2 inches long onto that so I could join the air cleaner plate onto the intake tube with a 4 inch coupler. Here is a picture.
finisheden6.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
looks good man, my pipe is a bit shorter but my filter is longer but thats pretty much what im going to do minus the fitting part hehe i might get the fittings i was talking about and just have them welded in since i lack the 7m ones :(

do you have the big hose from the intake manifold connected there as well?

zoppii

Pro Lurker
May 21, 2007
Palm Harbor
The only pipe I added to the intake was the one for my catch can and fed my valve cover vents to the can. I was going to add one for the ISC valve but decided to just put a mini K&N filter on it. I thought it would look less cluttered without all that extra hose and the K&N dresses it up a bit too.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
zoppii;885526 said:
The only pipe I added to the intake was the one for my catch can and fed my valve cover vents to the can. I was going to add one for the ISC valve but decided to just put a mini K&N filter on it. I thought it would look less cluttered without all that extra hose and the K&N dresses it up a bit too.

i might do that too with the breather filter, valve covers i have to find a spot for the catch can hehe

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Zerocool;885808 said:
I had a buddy of mine make mine :) it didnt cost me no more then $120 polished.

ouch i think i mightve paid half that hehe with the filter

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
tlo86...you sure like to "hehe" a lot. lol

but i'm looking for the same thing too and cant find it anywhere with a good deal. i finally found a guy on ebay that sells polished intake pipes pretty much in all sizes and bends.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
str8_6;886212 said:
tlo86...you sure like to "hehe" a lot. lol

but i'm looking for the same thing too and cant find it anywhere with a good deal. i finally found a guy on ebay that sells polished intake pipes pretty much in all sizes and bends.

I'm a giggly guy :biglaugh: