Instrument Panel Lens replacement

LumbChuck

Jan 16, 2006
Charleston, SC
My '88 Supra's dashboard lens needs to be replaced . I was trying to take it out without removing the whole unit . I can't see how to take the fasteners off the clock and there's another one facing towards the back, that I cant see how to undo. Sure could use some help with this.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Are you talking about the clear plastic peice that covers the gauges? If so you will need to remove the gauge cluster. Then once you have the cluster off of the car you need to remove the six screws on top of the cluster, then you take off the three screws on the bottom of rear of the cluster, then take the metal brackets off of the sides of both vents(two screws on each side), after the both the metal brackets are off then you take off the heater vents on the driverside and in the middle, then dissconnect harness that lets you set the time. Once you have done that the clear plastic peice should come off. You can also take the little screw off of the trip button. You do not need to but it helps a little.

LumbChuck

Jan 16, 2006
Charleston, SC
Yes, it is the clear lens, I was hoping I didnt have to take out the whole unit. I seen a couple of studs that were looking backwards, didnt know if they had screwheads or not. Thanks though for the reply.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
it is really not that difficult...think 30 minute job even for the inexperienced. Don't be afraid to unplug anything from the cluster, each plug has a dedicated mating plug.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
When you put the cluster back in make sure the speedo needle and the hole it goes in are aligned. Don't ask me how I know.