Installing IC Hard Pipes

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Do I have to remove the bumber to install IC hard pipes? I received my Cooleeze pipes and want to get them in soon, just want to make sure I attack it correctly.

Thanks.

Ben

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
for me i did, well i had to, i had to replace the whole bumper so why not.
you can install without taking it off, but you would have to jack up the car, and try to squeeze it in the fender hole.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
FYI: it depends on the year of the car. 89+ has a one piece plastic part through the fender that is an absolute bitch to pull with the bumper on without cutting it. Pre-89 is two piece and can be pulled MUCH easier.

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
i wanna get hard piping done over the winter... couldf anyone give a step by step on removing the front bumper from an 89? .. i heard taking the bumper off was a bitch... im used to my integra where it was just 4 screws and have a nice day...

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Poodles;1139302 said:
FYI: it depends on the year of the car. 89+ has a one piece plastic part through the fender that is an absolute bitch to pull with the bumper on without cutting it. Pre-89 is two piece and can be pulled MUCH easier.

Yeah on my 89 I had to cut the plastic elbow that goes through the fender in 2 pieces to take it out. But i was pretty easy to get it cut, and I didn't have to take off the front bumper, at the same time i installed my intercooler.