Installing Gauges

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
Hey

I have an EGT and a boost gauge that need to be hooked up on my 87 turbo supra and was wondering which wires to splice into. I have to run wires to a constant 12v source when the igition is on and wires to a 12v source when the dash lights are on.

Any help will be appreciated

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
for the 12v with the lights on, try the cigarete lighter light ring thing. thats what we used for my boost guage remember dustin? :biglaugh:

the constant 12v... not sure there...

clifftrail

Jun 19, 2005
Abq
There are good places to tap into where the fog/cruise/dimmer switch is. Take that panel off and use an voltmeter to find the right wires. If you tap into the right source by the dimmer switch, your gauges will dim with the rest of the interior lights also. GL.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Does anyone know the wires to tap into for constant, dimmer, all the other good crap?
To save others (that may be lazy) from tapping into every wire.:naughty:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
http://www.supras.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=52&Itemid=68

Any rheostat will work, but you need to figure out wiring all gauges to one rheostat. As long as you have a connector that will clip into the switch then your fine. ie. 4pin connector from the wiring to a 4 pin female connector on the switch. All your doing is controlling the amount of volts going to the gauges.

OR...

You might be able to tap into the dash gauges. Take out the dimmer switch and see if you can tap into the wires on the male connector. Im unsure, but it seems like it should work.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
Another Question:

If i were to taped into the male connector on the dimmer switch, will the lights be dimmer than usual? Also will the lights on the gauges dim, as I dim them?

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
it should dim all your gauges at the same time, factory and aftermarket, and the same amount assuming they're all the same brightness.