Installing EGR onto a jdm motor.

Suprafast0422

Nov 14, 2006
Maryland
Ok so since i never had a assembled USDM motor, I have nothing to really compare to or go from so im kinda flying blind here and trying to get my hands on parts diagrams and pictures to get the egr hooked up on my jdm motor.

Ive already got all the hard lines/pipes and major components of the egr system on the way, I just need a set a vaccum hoses. So im not too worried there, and im using my USDM intake manifold and TB assembly. What I am unclear of though is the following.

T-stat housing's are different. anyone have any pictures of this so i know exactly what I have to swap over and if i need any new parts?

Water pipes are routed differently on the back of motor. Im kinda lost here, what pipes am i going to have to get?

Are there any other differences or things I need too consider here?

Thanks.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
If you have not installed the motor yet, by all means, do not do it until you get what you need. I believe the water harp pipe that wraps around the block is the same. That would probably be the reason for the block off hose I have on mine. I have a JDM motor (but run a domestic ECU), so I have a block off on that pipe. I have a few of those hard pipe set ups at home. Just pay shipping and one's yours.....if you need to change it. I hope someone can shed a little more light on that issue.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
You can work around the water pipe. Just route the hoses the best way. T-stat housing just has an extra port on top for the evap BVSV. One line goes to bvsv and the other goes to the tb port.

edit: 1000 posts woot!