Installing a Kill Switch

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
I would like to install a simple but effective kill switch and not sure which route to take, whether it be fuel pump or starter or both?? Pros & cons? Where & what type of switch, etc.

Open to suggestions.

omfgitsdonovan

Laag master
Jul 23, 2008
Burlington,WA
i wired a kill switch directly into my fuel pump it worked great when i flipped it the car would turn on for like 5 seconds then slowly die off then wouldnt start no more but when i didnt know it was flipped when my dumbass friends would hit it i would not be able to think it was the problem i would look under my hood and what not until i switch it an boom it starts right up

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Who wants to mess with switches? Just wire it to your aftermarket or factory alarm. Subbing the fuel pump for the starter interlock (or keeping both) is easy on the factory alarm because it's all in the passenger foot well. Or use a cheap keyless entry system to do it...

PRpimp3o3

da puerto rican supra man
Apr 2, 2005
CO
or wire in a simple toggle switch into the power wire out of the ignition going to the fuel pump or coil pack. i just hav a switch wired into the coil wires under the hood for a kill switch jus cranks no start

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
I'm wiring in a push button instead of a flip switch. It will allow me to push it once while the power is on (might have to be while starting) and it will use two relays to lock the circuit in. When I shut off the car, it will automatically default to no fuel. Also I wont have to worry about accidentally flipping the switch off while in mid boost or something.

wade3570

Jan 7, 2007
tallahassee, florida
i'm no wiring genius, but my friend had an interesting kill switch. it was magnetic. dunno exactly the wiring, but he simply carried a small magnet with him. When he wanted to drive his car, he would put the magnet on the area that 'completed' the circuit allowing the car to start. pretty creative. either way, good luck.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
PRpimp3o3;1100724 said:
or wire in a simple toggle switch into the power wire out of the ignition going to the fuel pump or coil pack. i just hav a switch wired into the coil wires under the hood for a kill switch jus cranks no start

Yikes. I hope you at least used a relay...

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
Originally, I was thinking about having an inconspicious switch so that I can 'enable' it when necessary, but also disable it when say the car is at the dealer getting serviced etc.