Installing 7M Fan Shroud (How To?)

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Im getting a new fan shroud this week and was wondering how to install it, ive never installed one before, im sure its straight forward. Does the Fan clutch have to be removed? Or can i just slide the shroud over the blade?

Help would be great.

Thanks
~JDMMA70

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
JDMMA70;1033772 said:
Im getting a new fan shroud this week and was wondering how to install it, ive never installed one before, im sure its straight forward. Does the Fan clutch have to be removed? Or can i just slide the shroud over the blade?

Help would be great.

Thanks
~JDMMA70

I removed the fan to do mine, but it wasn't hard - just four bolts on the water pump pully. Just gotta jam something down between one of the other bolts and the shaft to keep it from turning while you're trying to loosen a bolt.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
so im guessing i cant slide it over the fan then? Its not a big deal if you cant, i just thought itd be easier than have to remove the fan clutch

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
There is a smaller part of the fan shround that goes around the bottom of the fan opening that comes off (you might not even have it). With that off, it will slide right over the fan (can pull the radiator/fan shroud as a unit this way as well).

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
No you don't have to remove the fan. Like Poodles said, there is a cut out section to allow passing between fan and radiator.

You will have to remove the upper radiator hose and accessory fans. Removing engine undercover, if you still have it, makes it easier to put the section piece back on.