Installed a satellte radio!

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I installed an XM satellite radio in my supra this weekend. I got a Pioneer GEX-P920XM (IIRC), it's a receiver that just plugs into the back of any pioneer headunit with a p-bus. I love it because there isn't some obvious "Steal me" box sitting on my dash, it's nice and stealth, and doesn't clutter anything up.

Initially the sound quality sucked. But, after a little big of EQing, the sound quality has been upgraded to pretty decent on some channels, and damn good on others. Channels like BPM (XM81) sound decent, while others like 90s decade (XM09) sound great.

All in all, I'm very impressed. Makes my commutes across town to university much more enjoyable. Best of all, I got $50 bucks off a year subscriotion because XM has a promotion going on until the end of the month.

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
Ive really grown to liking sat radio. But Ive gotten to use Sirius and havent got to try XM. I'd have to say If I have the extra dough to spend on audio Sirius is one thing to definantly check out

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The antenna is TINY, it's about 1" square. I actually mounted it between the spoiler and the rear side window. It just fits.

There really isn't much to see in the installation right now, it's just a grey box laying under my seat. Maybe some pics when I mount it in the back when I redo my stereo.

SupraMan1987

Mar 8, 2006
Hickory area, NC
Mine looks good. Ended up running my antenna outside after all. Ran the cable from my CD player to the box under the passneger seat. Hid it under the center console to under the seat
then ran my antenna wire next to my rear seat and up under my rear speaker cover to where it levels off with the hatch. Then ran it under the weather stripping and back up and over to the center and stuck it about 3-4 inches in front of my hatch glass in the center. Works perfectly. I wasn't receiving enough signal with it inside the car.