Insane Drifting MK3 in GT4 w/ Initial D music

JL7mgte

Mar 31, 2005
Reston, Virginia, United States
suprarx7nut said:
Because its a better simulator, IMO. Forza is fun as well, I have the first, but Gran Turismo is its very own beast. :)

You could make an argument for a more fun simulator, but Forza 2 is much more realistic when it comes to car physics, damage modeling, and opponent A.I. I liked the GT series also, but Forza 2 raised the bar. We'll see what they actually deliver when the game is out.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
JL7mgte said:
You could make an argument for a more fun simulator, but Forza 2 is much more realistic when it comes to car physics, damage modeling, and opponent A.I. I liked the GT series also, but Forza 2 raised the bar. We'll see what they actually deliver when the game is out.

For damage modeling and opponent A.I. I completely agree. Those are GT's weakpoints.

As for car physics, Forza gives you many fine tuning options, as GT does. For the physics engine, I think GT more closely represents actual driving. Forza just has too much of an arcade feel to me. The colors all seem too saturated as well. But these are all rather minor things. Both are great driving games. :)

JL7mgte

Mar 31, 2005
Reston, Virginia, United States
Are you talking about Forza 1 or 2, because the new one has been built from the ground up with a totally new physics engine. Anyway, my main point was that F2 is out now and GT5 will be "out when it's done". I for one hope that GT5 is worth my time. In F2, I plugged in some of the numbers from my actual car like the spring rates from my Teins and got the weight and power close to what my car is and it was really cool how close it was to real life.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
dagn man i have to post of of my gt4 vids i have mk3 drift car and all driven wiht joy stick oh yae not feed back for me and it doesn't suck

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
arz said:
If you learn how to tune suspension on a real car, there isn't one KID that can beat you at GT. Kids don't know how to set up cars. I whup every little kid that thinks they rock at GT. A couple of races and the kids are asking me "Hey what did you do to your car to make that corner?" Its been a few years since I played, but I was so impressed that the programmers took the time to make the game and the vehicle dynamics very much like the real world. I love that game.

nothing like outcornering an elise with your pig of a supra, eh?

only reason I like Forza is because of the body kits and paint freedom. Makes it easy to plan your real life body mods...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
GT5 looks unreal in that trailer. If the in game graphics look half that good, it might be the most aesthetically advanced/realistic game to date. (definitely in racing)

Poodles said:
only reason I like Forza is because of the body kits and paint freedom. Makes it easy to plan your real life body mods...

Agreed. Forza has some advantages in the custom looks are concerned.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
that drifting was decent, id say 7 of 10. there was quite a bit of late initiation and relying too much on power-over. combo'ing was mediocre... and unforuntately, no mong'ing or whatever people call it these days, down the straights.

i personally LOVE the RUF Yellowbird in arcade for absolutely Drift extremeness. i drift the mk3 and mk4 in simulation but i find myself modulating the throttle ALOT more than the RUF. i guess the MR combo on the RUF makes it very tail happy and easy to sustain a drift while initiation is as simple as a Feint long before the turn starts.

the guy had a 600hp 7M but stock wheels... and stock ride height... cmon!!!!

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
MKIV is on the Japanese Version Of GT cover w00t! lol.
0033719a.jpg

Old School ;)
636px-GranTurismo2.jpg

Even MORE old school ;)
Gran_Turismo_-_Cover_-_North_America.jpg

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
that guy is wrong. GT4 has just about everything that he claims it doesnt. i know, because ive experienced it all. except the donuts part... but tahts not really why i play that game. i dont like mindless mayhem.