Inner tie rod kit didn't come with claw washers.... is it ok to use lock tite?

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
After a few weeks of waiting. My package came in and woop ti doodie do! opened it and was so excited to put the new inner tie rods on my steering rack that has been patiently waiting for them until I took a second look in the bag to find that the claw washer wasn't included in. :3d_frown:

I can't seem to source any claw washers around my local area yet. Would lock tite be ok?

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
I dont know how it is in Australia, but castle nuts are readily available at most automotive shops. Maybe swing by a tire shop and see if they have them. Locktite should be ok but its always good to have the cotter pins installed.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I think he might be looking for the washers that lock the inner to the rack. But i could be wrong.

OP, do you have the originals? They can be pounded flat and used again. But thats definitely not the area to leave anything missing :)

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
yah ur right Link--> http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=SR&P=61 .............. if u look at the diaghram for the inner tie rod it has a claw washer. The bottom left hand side of the TSRM page indicate this is not a reusable part. so was thinking of using the old one when i take them out. but yeah then again..

mkiiichip;1854623 said:
I think he might be looking for the washers that lock the inner to the rack. But i could be wrong.

OP, do you have the originals? They can be pounded flat and used again. But thats definitely not the area to leave anything missing :)

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Tbh I've never had a problem with just using lock tite. If I could reuse the old washers I would with alittle lock tite on the threads as well. It's really up to you. I'm sure you could find them at the dealer.