injector sizes master power T70

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
ok guys looking to run 18-25psi this summer on a 1jz with a masterpower T70, what size injectors do i need for this..top feed? side feed? whats the difference? which fuel rail do u reccommend? and juss to get the car running after the swap im gonna use the 2j 440cc plug n play injectors until i work out the lil bugs the single turbo swap might have, when all the bugs are worked out and the car is running fine on 440cc injectors, then ill get the bigger injectors n really start to run wild ...so yea 18-25psi injector size needed...also juss curious, how much boost do yu think i can get away with 440cc injectors? im thinking maybe 15psi max? what u guys think? thanks kevin.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Why must I link this site so frequently..

-Mike

Translated:
1wickedA70;1519154 said:
Hello SupraMania!
Well, this summer I'm looking to run about 18 to 25psi on my 1JZ with a MasterPower T70.

I was curious, what size injectors do I need for my motor? Top feed, side feed, I'm not sure of the difference? Also, which fuel rail is recommended? I was planning on using the 2JZ 440cc plug-and-play injectors- just to get the car running until I work out the bugs on the new setup. Once It's all done, I'll upgrade the injectors to let my inner child out.

Also, very curious.. How much boost do you think I can run on the 440cc injectors? I was thinking maybe 15psi max. I'm not sure why I wrote I was looking to run 18-25psi when now I'm saying 15psi max.

What's your thoughts on this?

Thanks,
-Kevin

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
1wickedA70;1519154 said:
ok guys looking to run 18-25psi this summer on a 1jz with a masterpower T70, what size injectors do i need for this..top feed? side feed? whats the difference? which fuel rail do u reccommend? and juss to get the car running after the swap im gonna use the 2j 440cc plug n play injectors until i work out the lil bugs the single turbo swap might have, when all the bugs are worked out and the car is running fine on 440cc injectors, then ill get the bigger injectors n really start to run wild ...so yea 18-25psi injector size needed...also juss curious, how much boost do yu think i can get away with 440cc injectors? im thinking maybe 15psi max? what u guys think? thanks kevin.

WHAT?

Try putting some effort in asking your question or questions by making them easier to read.

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
gennro;1519165 said:
WHAT?

Try putting some effort in asking your question or questions by making them easier to read.

read the translation that the genius above you made if you dont get it..sheesh

oh yea and how could i forget. good job whitemike, bravo..the time that you took to translate..very impressed...now how about you take the same time and energy you took into translating and help me...seriously if your not here to help, then kindly get the fuck out of my thread :)

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
oh i see, i have no idea..isnt the rule of thumb suppose to be to max your injectors out at the amount of hp u have..like for example if you have 440cc u should NOT pass 440whp, thats what i heard..is it true?

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
1wickedA70;1519189 said:
seriously if your not here to help, then kindly get the fuck out of my thread :)

Seriously, learning how to phrase a question is key to getting a good answer. Notice how you didn't get any until IJ came in here?

-Mike

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Best map I could find..

t70.jpg

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Well to answer your question are you looking for injectors that fit the stock fuel rail? If so you need to get some side feed injectors. The next question is do you want high or low impedance injectors?

Ideally you want to size injectors for the amount of power/fuel you will consume. Generally speaking the size of the injectors will produce xxx amount of horsepower. For instance, a 650cc injector at 80% duty cycle will roughly yield 520whp.

Stephen

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
10secdream;1519303 said:
Well to answer your question are you looking for injectors that fit the stock fuel rail? If so you need to get some side feed injectors. The next question is do you want high or low impedance injectors?

Ideally you want to size injectors for the amount of power/fuel you will consume. Generally speaking the size of the injectors will produce xxx amount of horsepower. For instance, a 650cc injector at 80% duty cycle will roughly yield 520whp.

Stephen

whats the difference between high impedance and low impedance?..well juss to get the car running on the safe side ill use the 440cc side feed cuz its plug and play in my stock fuel rail..but when i up the boost and get bigger injectors, should i change to a top feed fuel rail? idk the difference.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
The difference between high and low impedance is the resistance in the injectors. To use low impedance injections like a UDSM MK4 or a 7MGTE you will need to install a resistor box. The advantage of a top feed rail is that you can use domestic injectors in the rail. Domestic injectors tend to be cheaper but you still need to buy an aftermarket rail. When it is all said and done the price is about the same.

I would personally just get a set of SARD 650cc side feed high impedance drop in injectors from RHD Japan.

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
10secdream;1519537 said:
The difference between high and low impedance is the resistance in the injectors. To use low impedance injections like a UDSM MK4 or a 7MGTE you will need to install a resistor box. The advantage of a top feed rail is that you can use domestic injectors in the rail. Domestic injectors tend to be cheaper but you still need to buy an aftermarket rail. When it is all said and done the price is about the same.

I would personally just get a set of SARD 650cc side feed high impedance drop in injectors from RHD Japan.

cool, ill check those out..so if i get the 650 side feed high impedence, i wouldnt need a fuel rail or resistor right? basically plug n play..is thier any limitations on keeping the stock fuel rail and using those bigger injectors? and also im pretty sure i would also need to buy a fuel pressure regulator for this single turbo project no matter what size injectors i get right?

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Correct you will need a FPR. There are not really any limitations of the stock fuel rail unless you plan on making big horsepower. That is probably not the issue as you probably wouldn't be asking these questions if you were.

ogre

Car Junkie
Oct 17, 2009
wendell, NC
why do we have so many dicks on this website that give bullshit answers like genro , turbosupra220 , and whitemike , just give him an estimate of what you would run if it was yours...

Side feed injectors is where the the fuel rail feeds into the side of the injectors .

Top feed injectors means it feeds fuel into the top of the injectors.

If you go with top feed injectors you will need a new fuel rail , and new injector clips , most aftermarket injectors are top feed. Stock fuel rail is side feed...

Injector size depends on what type of fuel your gonna run e85 , 93 , 91 ,87 , 89 ,115 , ect.

Another thing to keep in mind if you are tuning with a SAFC you will only be able to tune injectors 50% larger than stock so if your stock ecu see's 440's largest you can tune is 660's , if you go standalone the sky is the limit you can get any size you want...

so 18-25lbs out of a t70 you will need a standalone ems , 750-900cc injectors , denso 255 fuel pump, upgraded fuel lines , and an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator , and if you put the big single on there I would stay in the range of 6-9lbs of boost if everything else is stock, if you keeping stock twins you can safely see 10-15lbs , one thing you got to keep in mind about turbos is 10 lbs out of the stock twins is not the same thing as 10 lbs out of a t70 , take a look at the cfm@psi flow rating of a the turbo your going with and compare it to the stock turbo you will then see what I mean.