injector impedance

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
Just wondering if you were going by the picture. The injectors that I have are narrow body. I can't remember what I did with the part number, but I'll look. The website says that their high impedance injectors.

John Reed

Supramania Contributor
Mar 23, 2007
Portland, OR
gravesdu_99;1120688 said:
Just wondering if you were going by the picture. The injectors that I have are narrow body. I can't remember what I did with the part number, but I'll look. The website says that their high impedance injectors.

A quick verification with an ohmmeter maybe in order if there is any confusion.

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
John Reed;1120760 said:
A quick verification with an ohmmeter maybe in order if there is any confusion.

I don't have an ohmmeter as of right now, that was the reason for the question, but the box that they came if had a part number of PFU 041-0651. They are from precision turbo, where the site says that are 12ohm. All I did was cut the old clips off and wire on the new clips. So I was wondering if these would still be 12ohm at the stinger, or does the impedance change at all. I know this is a stupid question, but I have read some stuff about running the injectors in paralle or series and I'm not sure if people are wiring them in order to run them paralle and series or if the wiring is already set up this way from the factory.

John Reed

Supramania Contributor
Mar 23, 2007
Portland, OR
gravesdu_99;1120796 said:
I don't have an ohmmeter as of right now, that was the reason for the question, but the box that they came if had a part number of PFU 041-0651. They are from precision turbo, where the site says that are 12ohm. All I did was cut the old clips off and wire on the new clips. So I was wondering if these would still be 12ohm at the stinger, or does the impedance change at all. I know this is a stupid question, but I have read some stuff about running the injectors in paralle or series and I'm not sure if people are wiring them in order to run them paralle and series or if the wiring is already set up this way from the factory.

7M with factory wiring?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
gravesdu_99;1120688 said:

You post a picture and then you tell us not to go by the picture?

lol

Anyway perhaps next time instead of posting a picture... a part number will work.

Those are 12 ohm injectors.

Running them in parallel will make them seem like a 6 ohm resistance. Serial = 24 ohm resistance.

gravesdu_99

Jun 30, 2007
Potsdam
figgie;1121350 said:
Ok seeing as this has been a guessing game.

We need you configuration. Motor configuration, ECU any mods basically.

-1jz 2.5L
-GT4082 turbo
-Drewgo tubular manifold
-Full 3" exhaust
-Electric exhaust cutout
-tial 38mm wastgate
-tial bov
-Mitsimoto 3" intercooler
-2.75 egay intercooler piping
-Powerpurple HKS timing gears
-HKS spark plugs (imported from japan, aka came with motor)
-Aluminum spark plug clover, only a handfull made
-(-8AN) double feed fuel rail
-682cc injectors high impedance 12ohm
-(-10AN) Areomotive AFPR
- 1/2" fuel line
- 255 walbro fuel pump
-Stinger standalone EMS system
-RPS stage3 clutch
-Custom made 11lb flywheel
-15lb aluminum 1-piece driveshaft
-AEM truboost
-AEM ugeo wideband
-Pulley kit

the wiring harness was made to run a stock 1jz. All I did was cut off the injector clips at the end and wire on the new clips. I hope this puts an end to the guessing game. I notice as question came in how I left out important information. Sorry about that and thanks for the help.