Injector Flow testing Q.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Good Afternoon, Morning, Evening all

Have a Question and Im pretty sure most of you know the Answer.

I have a friend that Bought a 7MGTE supra engine and he said that it came with Vemon 660cc Injectors. When he took a Pic of them they were Yellow top Injectors and look Exactly like 295cc NA ones. He said that the Motor that they were in pulled really strong so he doesnt doubt them but he wants to sell them. I told him that no one will purchase these injectors because they havent been flow teated and there isnt a sheet to verify them. ESPECIALLY since they are venoms.

Ok, After talking to him for a Bit, he took the Injectors in Yesterday to get them flowtested. He sent me an email back today saying....

""""as far as what I see on the sheet it says they flowed from 103-104 cc @ 20 psi. I dont think they have them at full duty cycle while doing it but I could be wrong. This would show if any were uneven and flowing erraticly but I guess they werent set up for higher flow injectors like these so 20 psi is all their machine would build up""""

Does this make Since. They are Suppose to be 660cc Injectors. Anyone out there have an Imput on this.

Thanks
Robert

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
"should" be tested at 43psi/85% duty, anything over that DC is classed as wide open usually.

If it were me I'd bin them and chalk it up to experience as who knows what "magic" Tom has performed on them and without a proper flow test to go on he has NFI if they're even safe for a stock engine let along something that actually needs 660cc injectors...

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
I told him to email me the Flow chart and I will post it up for people to see and comment on. Maybe he doesnt know how to correctly read it or the shop that he took them too has NFI how to correctly flow injectors this size. I just thought that it was strange how a Set of Injectors that look like Stock NA 295 could be bored out to flow 660cc and work correctly at that.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Bit of a clue : They Don't!

Never seen a report on a set of Tom Folder's injectors even being close to flowing the same as each other, come to think of it I'm yet to see a post where any actually work at all, most are dribbly leaking disasters. (that's why I said bin then or throw them at Cats or something)