Ingrates!

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
Let's bring this up to speed so SP 7M and I can get it on!

Originally Posted by Greg55_99
Actually, the only label I've put on myself is the "SP 7M is WRONG about purely evil America-hating shit" on college campuses. My suggestion is that instead of reading someone else's opinion in a book (one book) and regurgitating it as truth, you try going to college and see if there really is this "purely evil America-hating shit" going on. I went to college and really didn't see it.

Y'know... you should be more forgiving of those US citizens you call "ingrates". They pay the taxes that keep your paycheck coming in twice a month. Those "ingrates" have to deal with fluctuations in the economy, high gas prices, unemployment, poor or no medical care and a myriad of issues you don't have to deal with.

But, as you say, I don't want to argue on this thread either. Tell you what though... If you're game, start a different thread and we'll go at it (with respect!).

Greg

PS... I HATE helicopters.... God never intended Man to fly without wings....

Originally Posted by SP 7M: You labeled yourself a leftist-an ignorant one at that. That's not the first time.

Now there you go again. Labels... It's as if there are only two kinds of people in the world.... those that think like you... and those that don't. I assure you, there are more people in this world that DON'T think like you. So how does it feel to be one of the "enlightened" few?

As a matter of fact, Ben Shapiro gave references to many of his arguments-just as you have on this forum in the past. He was writing a book, though, and making valid arguments with real-life accounts included. And as far as books concerning this go, I've read more than one.

Yeah, I've done a little checking up on Mr. Ben Shapiro. Attended UCLA at 16 and is currently attending Harvard Law School. Had the book "Brainwashed" published at 20. In truth, I'd have to say that at his age he's long on intellect... but short on life experiences. He's a big supporter of the Iraq War but has not served any military time. Apparently going to Harvard and writing columns is much more important to him. Sounds like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Rielly. Not a day of military service between them. But then, in our country... that's not required.... is it?

So you had to bring up the fact that the ingrates (yourself included) also pay taxes and that a minute part of goes to my salary. Yup, you're darn right they do! But what do I make compared to what I could be making in the civilian world doing nearly the same thing? Not shit. And in the civilian world I don't have to be on call 24-7, sacrifice many of my freedoms for others, be binded by a contract to my job and be sent away to another country without my wife for 6-7 months. Also, we have what is basically universal healthcare here-something the libs want, and it sucks.

Actually, comparatively speaking, you're doing pretty well in military service. You get Flight Pay, you have a well structured career path, you don't pay much (if anything) for medical care for yourself and your family, you live in subsidized housing, the food you buy at the Commisary is less than comparable prices on the outside and you get gas that's also cheaper than here in the States. You set one toe "Downrange" for one second and you get all of your Federal witholding back for the entire month. Your kids go to a good school. You pay nothing. And... best of all... you get cheap booze.

And for all of this, the flip side is, as you've pointed out, you can get killed, maimed, be oncall at un-godly hours and be without your family for extended periods. What's not to like?

If the military is so great, though, why don't you join? Come find out for yourself how much of a delight it is to do what I do. And while you're at it, grab up all those people that are having such a hard time out of the military and have them join, too.

Oh... you kid...:biglaugh:
Pilgrim... I'll stack my 22 years and 3200 flying hours against your piddly 500 any day of the week.

You're such a jokester! I don't remember asking you if you hate helicopters. Did I give you the idea that I actually care what you think about who I am or what I do? No. That's like me telling you that I hate computers. Who cares? By the way, helicopters are considered "rotary wing" aircraft. God is on our side.

Aren't you supposed to be an atheist?

Pilgrim... on the seventh day.... God rested... and created AWACS! So... take that hydraulic fluid smellin', red x rotary wing red ball over to the Kadena flight line and beg on your hands and knees to fly in a REAL aeroplane. The E3A Sentry. Nuff Said..

Greg

awacs-00000007.jpg

Disco Stu

Unaturally Aspirated
Apr 6, 2005
Forth Worth
Off topic kicks ass. People can argue and one (not unlike myself) can post whore and noone cares. Hoorah for freedom!

wh0wants2know

Apr 4, 2005
seattle
So the army, the marines, and the air force are all given the task of capturing a building in Iraq.

The marines go into the building, kill everyone inside, and then blow it up.

The army clears the building, puts up a fence around the perimeter, and checks ID's at the gate

The air force contacts a realtor to apply for a lease with the option to buy.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
wh0wants2know said:
So the army, the marines, and the air force are all given the task of capturing a building in Iraq.

The army clears the building, puts up a fence around the perimeter, and checks ID's at the gate

I dont know if you know this, but the ground wars are pretty much extinct. The air force does most of the war now, more than %50 of the enemy is killed by air force bombings. In afragnastan it was the air force, Iraq, air force, invasion of Kuwait, air force. why do you think the casualty rate is so low now compared to WWI and WWII, its not a ground pounders war ne more. ground pounders are used for control that it.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Alcohol on base:
Bottle of Patron Silver tequila at the "Class Six" on base: $55
Same bottle at Sam's Club in Yuma, AZ while on vacation: $35

It's not ALL cheap.

As for helicopters, the MH-53J Pave-Low III is the most technologically advanced helicopter in the world. At least have a little respect.

I never understood how anyone in, or who directly supports the military could be aligned with the liberal left and/or that mindset.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
wh0wants2know said:

You are wrong - the Air Force calls the guys at my base, who works with the Army. They kick the doors in, and if they encounter resistance, they call our gunship to level the place. Read up on Air Force Special Operations Command - we do more than the conventional "chair force".

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Greg55_99 said:
Now there you go again. Labels... It's as if there are only two kinds of people in the world.... those that think like you... and those that don't. I assure you, there are more people in this world that DON'T think like you. So how does it feel to be one of the "enlightened" few?

You, France, and Germany and 47% of America does not give your fantasyland views the majority...

20 and not a liberal you have no compation, 30 and not a conservative, you have no brain. There is still hope for all my friends!!

Liberal view: Give the hungry man a fish.
Conservative view: Teach the mofo to fish for himself.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
kwnate said:
47% of America does not give your fantasyland views the majority...

umm yea that % was like o 2 years ago, bush has a %27 approval rate now, if not lower. GG.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
kwnate said:
Liberal view: Give the hungry man a fish.
Conservative view: Teach the mofo to fish for himself.

ok im confused? if the liberal veiw is fish for the hungry then what the hell are we doing in Iraq? arent we fishing for the hungry?
we are givign them everything. are we not?

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
We are teaching them to fish, you cant just give em a pole and say "FISH". Just like you can't give em a gun and say protect... They need to be properly trained to use the weapon effectively. Give em time, and stop watching the god damn news.

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
drunk_medic said:
I never understood how anyone in, or who directly supports the military could be aligned with the liberal left and/or that mindset.

DM, I'm surprised you think that everyone that joins the military should think like you do. Do we need "Political Officers" like the Russians used to have to keep everyone on the same page? I don't think so. The fact is the military is a cross section of American culture. Just as there are whites, blacks, hispanics, jews, moslems, homosexuals etc, in the US, there are just as many in the military. Each brings their own life experience with them as well as their own opinions about things. Do you think that everyone you come into contact with during the course of a day thinks like you? Don't bet on it.

Think about it. Two guys of equal rank. One is a white guy that grew up in Iowa on a farm, the other a black guy that grew up in a Chicago ghetto. Do you really believe they think alike because they both wear the uniform? Not hardly. Take a look at some DoD stats. You might find it interesting.

http://www.defenselink.mil/prhome/poprep2000/html/chapter2/c2_raceth.htm

As for voting. Everyone in the military is NOT either a Republican or a conservtive. Once again, it is a cross section of American culture.

Greg

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
Man I thought the military trained you to be a republican warmonger... READ THIS SLOWLY "I never understood how anyone in, or who directly supports the military could be aligned with the liberal left and/or that mindset."(DM) That to me doesn't say: All military men/women/homosexuals are Republicans. You either misread his post or you just juiced it up to fit some no shit comment you had saved up for this special occasion...

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
kwnate said:
You either misread his post or you just juiced it up to fit some no shit comment you had saved up for this special occasion...

Tell you what Nate... YOU tell ME what YOU think he said.

Greg

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
If you think like a liberal then the last thing you would do is join an organization that is about taking action when needed instead of trying and trying to talk it out. That would be like me joining green peace... I really don't know why you needed me to say this, its pretty clear... What the hell is this thread about anyhow? No one will be swayed.

Oh... you kid...
Pilgrim... I'll stack my 22 years and 3200 flying hours against your piddly 500 any day of the week.
Yeah, well my dad could be up your dad...

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
kwnate said:
If you think like a liberal then the last thing you would do is join an organization that is about taking action when needed instead of trying and trying to talk it out. That would be like me joining green peace... I really don't know why you needed me to say this, its pretty clear... What the hell is this thread about anyhow? No one will be swayed.

Yeah, well my dad could be up your dad...

LOL!!! Nate, I'll stand by my original response...

So... Nate, have you thought about serving your country? I know people. I can get you hooked up. There's recruiters dying to meet a young patriotic fella such as yourself. The Army needs you. Don't you want to be in on the big win son. What'cha say?

Greg

Last edited:

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
kwnate said:
Man I thought the military trained you to be a republican warmonger... READ THIS SLOWLY "I never understood how anyone in, or who directly supports the military could be aligned with the liberal left and/or that mindset."(DM) That to me doesn't say: All military men/women/homosexuals are Republicans. You either misread his post or you just juiced it up to fit some no shit comment you had saved up for this special occasion...

uhh, but thats what it ment. If you are or with the military how could u have this mindset, thats what it ment, juiced it up? its a quote...