Information Request for Uniball suspension dust boots

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Good Morning all,
I was cruising through some build threads thinking about the day that I actually get to install my full Battle Version suspension (It's sitting in my car in Texas while i'm over seas) and I ran into this thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ild-into-a-MK3

I've posted in his build thread and sent him a PM to ask him about more information on his dust boots but I haven't heard from him. Either way I have sourced a few websites that sell them, but since the product in question is located state side it's hard for me to gauge which size are the correct ones to order. Does any one have any experience as the which sizes would fit best?

achsehinten28.jpgachsehinten27.jpg

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Piratetip;2092596 said:

Thanks for looking buddy. That's kind of the issue that i'm having... All of my parts are located in Texas and I live in Guam. I'm looking to order this stuff a head of time so that when I do move back state side i'll be set.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Why not just ask the company that makes the arms what size heim joints they used?
You won't need to have the parts in hand to order the correct size boots.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Piratetip;2092623 said:
Why not just ask the company that makes the arms what size heim joints they used?
You won't need to have the parts in hand to order the correct size boots.

It's funny that you say that as I just did exactly that. Here Is the emailed response I got back from Alex:

Hey Chris,
Those boots for the rod ends are normally used on lower grade rod ends that use grease. The rod ends that we use are ptfe lined which is what keeps them lubricated and moving smoothly. You can add the boots but our rod end supplier suggested not to for the chromoly joints that we use. We don't stock those boots but if your set on getting some you want to look for ones that will fit over 5/8" rod ends. They are rather thin and hard to install and find that they don't last long. Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Alex
Battle Version
13282 Armistead Cir
Sonora CA 95370

I sent him a reply, but it seems pretty clear lol.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Good deal.
Hopefully this will help someone else searching for the same thing.!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
fyi he is right. you dont need them. modern heim joints take a ton of abuse. and if they do wear out they can be easily replaced.