info from the holset guys

well the shaft on my stock ct26 in my dd bent and the only good turbo i got here is a wh1c(hx35 with a 12cm hot side) and of course im broke, yep story of my life so anyway i got every thing tor down and im finishing up welding my ct26 to t3 adapter and down pipe but im not sure about the oil feed line mainly the amount of volume and presser to keep this turbo happy, like -4 or -3 hose, oil restricter or not and if so what size? so i was hoping someone here could help me out or at lest knows the math so i can figure it out

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I'm running a -3 feed and -10 return for my Hx35 and it works great, no restrictor. It was recommended by a member on here but can't remember his user name for some reason

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

so what you saying is i should have no problem just running stock oil presser? The wh1c i have is 0ff a 95 12v Cummings and holset list it as having the 12cm if you dont mind can i ask how long yous have been running your holsets, is it real laggy,how does the power come on and have yous had any problems i should watch for on my set up?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
ive been running mine for about 3 months i think now, but its not stock.
its been bored out by driftmotion and fitted with a 62mm billet wheel

its kind of laggy, full spool -17psi is 4400 rpm but when it comes on, WOW.
i havent had any problems with mine so far, i just wleded a 3.5" v-band flange on the factory flange and threw a turbo blanket on it.
over all i love this turbo, was well worth what i paid for it

the only issue i ran into was i had to drill and tap a port next to the holset tag for my wastegate hose fitting

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
donnyavery;1975238 said:
so what you saying is i should have no problem just running stock oil presser? The wh1c i have is 0ff a 95 12v Cummings and holset list it as having the 12cm if you dont mind can i ask how long yous have been running your holsets, is it real laggy,how does the power come on and have yous had any problems i should watch for on my set up?

If you look at the oil pressure ratings for these, the only time you'd get close to the limit would be a cold start on a shimmed oil pump.