Info: Chinese Parts

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
For you guys that swear you'll never buy a made in China downpipe, but then purchase one from a vendor, I have some info.

Currently in the world, there are only 2 companys that mass produce turbo related parts. Downpipes, Manifolds, Turbo Elbows, Headers, Intakes, etc. These two companys are Zhoushan Racing and SS Autochrome.

99% of the 1JZGTE and 7MGTE aftermarket sold relating to these products are made by Zhoushan Racing (www.manifold.cc). Zhoushan Racing also sells "inhouse" parts to alot of other big name Supra shops including Manic Tech Racing, Boost Logic, Sound Performance, Precision Industries, 935 Motorsports, and alot others.

So please guys. Stop the silly arguments about how ohh, it's on ebay or made in china, its junk, blah blah. One way or another, unless it's genuine HKS/GReddy, or the vendor selling the product makes it himself, it's from china.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Most people are oblivious anyway. They just need things to complain about.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
due to pricing, several places do not make their own because of this. for the money, you cant compete. but, for the quality, you can.

this is the new boostwerx turbo manifold. can it be sold for ebay prices? nope. but this is hand made custom piece that is high quality, guaranteed fitment and stood behind 100%

6-18-07a.JPG

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
looks like it might be equal length runners, damn sweet...

I have china made parts on my car, the quality is fine, the fitment was....tight (hammer fixed it). Would I do it again? Hell yes for the price! just because you can only pic two in the fast/cheap/reliable saying, doens't mean you have to get the most expensive...

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
usually i have never cared what country anything has come from until recently.

the chinese goverment dosnt give a shit what they put in the products they export which has resulted in many deaths, human and animals inclusive.

my dog recently died due to kidney failure and it was most likely because he was poised from the wheat gluten added to the dog food obtained from china.

recently MANY childrens toys have been recalled that were manufactured in china because they were coated with lead paint. these are childrens toys that WILL end up being chewed on at some point.

lets not forget about the ethylene glycol sweetened tooth paste that made it to and killed people in south america, and even made it here to the US.

those are only a few examples.

ill due my best to avoid buying any products from china, as hard as that may be. that is, until the government steps in and does something about the problem.