IndyMK3

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
hey everyone.... my name is Cole... im 17 and live in the great state of Indiana. i have drove a few cars that are worthy but none compare to the supra... first car was a stock 91 240sx and a few months after getting that i picked up my 89 240sx with a SR20 redtop.. then i traded the SR 240 for a truck... after having problems with the stock 240 i traded that and money for a 97 gsr... ive been lurking the form for about 3 weeks, just gettin info on the beautiful MK3s. the reason i was lurking was because I was debating on weather or not i sould trade my 97 Acura Integra GSR for a 88 MK3 5spd turbo with targa. well after test driving it at the kids house i fell in love.... so we begain to talk about the trade... and i believe i came out way on top... i got the supra and also 3 grand... but i was still unsure about it... so from the form i contacted Boost Lee ( Jeff ) and had him come to look at the car with me.... after driving it he didnt want to tell me in front of the owner... But he said if i pass up on this deal im a fool and if i dont get it he will. So i let the kids buddie drive my integra because he couldnt drive a 5 spd.... well bad news.... he broke my driver side axle...:icon_evil so the next day i get it replaced for $110. after it was replaced the talk about the trade went on after 3 days of BS... i finaly got the supra and a check for 3000... but the story doesnt end there my supra buddies... 2 days after driving my new beauty... BHG!!! AHHHH... And a broken Starter.... :icon_evil :icon_evil

so now the broken beauty is siting in my garage... waiting to get a HG and machine work if needed....

a108zp.jpg

33dxhr7.jpg

9jd9qb.jpg

30rqngx.jpg

29x8y9d.jpg

wuf7l5.jpg

fa6c09.jpg

2qkrn0h.jpg

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Nice Supra... is that factory paint? You traded a '97 Integra GSR for your Supra and got $3k?!? Good deal... spend that $3k on the engine build, do it right the first time.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
How do you know it has a BHG? Did you test it? Anyway, you've got a great looking car there. Congrats. Welcome to SM. You'll like it here.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
That's hella clean! What he said, do it right, do it once.

I live down in Columbus, but by the end of this month I should have my Supra back together and I'd be willing to help ya. Cell - 8123746691

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
well first... i was at the gas station... filled her up.... then she wouldnt start... tried to push start it 4 times didnt go.... so i got my dad to pull me home with the truck.. (only 2 miles) well my good friend who i bought my 91 240 off of came over and took a look at it. the starter was held on by one bolt the entire time... it got off track and wouldnt let the flywheel spin untill we got the starter out... well after we go it out we could push start it... at that time it started missing out really bad and pouring coolant out of the exhaust side of the motor... i was like urrg... so we parked it where it sits. tell me if this sounds right for a HG replacement? MHG with all new seals, water pump, timing belt, timing belt tensioner.. and other suff...

and yes i got 3000 with the car... idk if its the factory paint...
idk if the link will work but here is my Myspace album of the tegg http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=63311450&albumId=1498047

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Have you checked for codes? From your description, it doesn't sound like a BHG. It might be, but, it might not be. Check under the oil cap for a milky white color. Or you could just change your oil and check that way. There is also an exhaust gas test you can buy from NAPA. Don't quote me on that, because I forgot the name of it. But it's something along those lines. I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me. Also check for leaks. Pouring from the exhaust side could one of a few hoses.

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
white smoke/ steam was comming out of the tail pipe faster that chuck norris can throw down... coolant was commin out to. its hard to diagnosis it because the starter broke off and sence my house is located on a BIG hill it would be hard to get back up it with a limping heavy car... So when i do rebuild it.. it will be done right... i dont want to cut corners... i just want to know the best set up... my buddie who i can always go to says go MHG, he doesnt like composit HG. but ive heard that felpro makes good HG.. if i did get a MHG it would be an HKS so any :1zhelp: or advise would be much appriciated... (sry.. i cant spell well)

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Depending on your HP goals, and your funds, you might not need or want to go with a MHG. Anyway, there have been many discussions on MHGs. Search around a bit. I'm sure all of your questions will be answered. If not, I'll try my best to help out.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Check the coolant lines going to the turbo, I've seen people forgot to hook those up and coolant goes every where. $1800 would be a pretty serious BHG job, I'd figure on way less for the minimal work required to do a hg. If you're REALLY only looking at BPU (assuming upgraded CT, around 400rw), I'd stay with stock components and therefore a composite hg. I'm sure others will disagree, but I'd rather blow a head gasket then shatter a piston or some other illogical thing like that.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Cole - The crazy fool ^^ (mkiiSupraMan18) ^^ is the nut that is willing to help you here and has done way to many headgaskets in his day........ :biglaugh:

I've got to say...For there being 150k+ miles on the chassis...I'm extremely impressed by the condition of the car. No rust, paint is emmaculate, interior is in great condition, and literally everything underhood is original.
Someone loved this car.

Anywho, the car definately has a blown headgasket.
Spitting coolant out of the exhaust, the whitest of all milkies under the oil cap, burnt exhaust gases smell in the radiator and of course abnormal behaviours would indicate a pretty good chance of a blown head gasket.

BHG or not, for $3,000 and this car in the condition it's in...
I'd say Mr. Cole came out of the hole a winner. ;)

Jeff

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
he he i came out of a hole.... and a winner..:naughty: but i may just go with another 7m... less miles.... and replace the gaskets and timing belt.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Get another engine and let me keep that one... price will be cheaper. :icon_bigg

This month is busy as hell, and unpredictable. Closing on a house in 1 week, woot... and then there's a baby due sometime just after that. So, if you can't wait I'll make Jason do the swap and charge him shop fees or something for my cut.

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
idk what im gona do yet... but if you dont mind i would like to come by the shop with my pops... before dealing with you.... ( he is just like that... we have had bad experiances with shops before... cough MSL cough... :icon_evil)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lol @ shop...

it's my dad's garage. It's had about as many Supras pass through it as a Jiffy Lubes has had customers. (I'm on like... number 12 or something) The 'shop' is about an hour south of you over by columbus-ish.

Jeff has been there( engine & trans swaps), MDC has been by, Rumptis (multiple engine/trans swaps), SuicideA70 (I think is his name, just did a HG swap for him), ArmandoP (did the original engine swap in his car), Shythead Dumas (engine reseal and 5speed swap), and all of my Supras (MULTIPLE engine/trans swaps, 5sp conversions).

Aside from Toyota, I doubt anyone else would have as much experience.

*edit*
We have a 30/30 warranty, ask about details!