increase the heat

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
so I finally got my heater working after trying the 3rd heater motor and fan it now works. But it still just doesn't blow all that strong or hot. It is like minus 20C out here in canada and I am driving the supra for the winter. I figure probaly putting some carboard or something infront of the rad would help heat the car up faster and mabye make the heat blower hotter??? or mabye there is air in the coolant system as to why it doesn't blow as hot??? my last 88 supra blew so strong and supper hot as well. Any suggestions as to how i can make the fan blow stronger or how i can make the heat come out hotter.?????

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
the weather in parts of your country will melt the soles of running shoes! lol! i wonder if its a messed up heater core?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I was thinking a dud climate control as my car did the same thing when I first got it and after checking every single component the CC was last on my list and did the trick!

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
id try that before the heater core. its a bitch to have to pull the dash. if ti is the heater core, i wonder if a good flush of the system would help?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
air in the heater core, somewhere a hose or something is gettin some air in it.
also a very very rare sign of a BHG on its way. burp your car if u have this bubbling sound.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
check the thermostat, and the heater valve. wire the valve open, and see if that cures the problem. if not, then replace the thermostat.

a while back, when i first put the motor in my car, i forgot to do the thermostat, and, heh, it didnt have one. i had very, very little heat. if it was really cold, no heat at all. ;)

-shaeff

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
D34DC311 said:
do u have a bubbling in the dash?

My cars been doing this for a while now.Im pretty sure its not a bhg, but having air in the system,would this affect the heat no blowing?I also had have someone replace a hose that plugs into the back of the motor.Sorry im not car friendly, but when the hose busted it sprayed coolant everywhere.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Fuzz420 said:
My cars been doing this for a while now.Im pretty sure its not a bhg, but having air in the system,would this affect the heat no blowing?I also had have someone replace a hose that plugs into the back of the motor.Sorry im not car friendly, but when the hose busted it sprayed coolant everywhere.

if there's air in the heatercore, hot coolant will NOT circulate properly through the core, hence leaving you without heat.

-shaeff