i'm sick of it... i want my motor

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Poodles;1505635 said:
Regardless, 2.5 weeks is NOTHING for a full engine build...

+1 My lower end took just over 4 months and head took right around 5 months to do. You cant rush quality work.

And $800 seams a little low for a complete rebuild. That is less $$$, I spent on just the labor for my lower end.

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
I got quoted 290 for decking block and head. Also getting regular stuff done. Machine shops always do that. Tell you a price and then when u pick it up it's like oh this and that. lol

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Other shops poor work is the best advertisment there is for me. I can not count how many motors I have "finished" for people who's first shop either did not do it right, or could not get it done. And 4-6 weeks is pretty normal for a quality build.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
supra90turbo;1511878 said:
dam man that sucks why not jus buy a new engine from some1 that nos what their doing but idk id say get that bad boy in there and do a huge burnout in front of the place u kno man 3 weeks to build an engine thats bs.

1. This statement shows how immature you are, you do a burnout in front of a store(being a dick)...they will pick the phone up and call the cops.
2. Punctuation is your friend. Its ironic to since you have it listed as conveying a messege in your signature.
3. 3 weeks is nothing to build a quality engine. It took my guy 1.5 weeks to build my engine, only because all he does is work on race engines, and I got lucky that I caught him in between customers. (And he guarantees his work. It breaks, he fixes it, for free)
4. Titan motorsports did my fathers 2jz, it took them 2 months to finish.

If you love your engine, then give it time.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I think supra90turbo was making a joke...normally people who actually are like that don't last long enough here to get 5000+ posts.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
airhead04;1517002 said:
1. This statement shows how immature you are, you do a burnout in front of a store(being a dick)...they will pick the phone up and call the cops.
2. Punctuation is your friend. Its ironic to since you have it listed as conveying a messege in your signature.
3. 3 weeks is nothing to build a quality engine. It took my guy 1.5 weeks to build my engine, only because all he does is work on race engines, and I got lucky that I caught him in between customers. (And he guarantees his work. It breaks, he fixes it, for free)
4. Titan motorsports did my fathers 2jz, it took them 2 months to finish.

If you love your engine, then give it time.

Just figured I'd point this out... Read entire posts next time airhead. :biglaugh:

supra90turbo;1511878 said:
dam man that sucks why not jus buy a new engine from some1 that nos what their doing but idk id say get that bad boy in there and do a huge burnout in front of the place u kno man 3 weeks to build an engine thats bs.

------------------------
Just trying to get a feel for your writing "style".
Punctuation, capitalization, and proper spelling is the only way to properly convey the message.
That place did your engine pretty quick if it's already done. 3 weeks is unheard of for a machine shop. Either you got lucky or they're just that good.

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
well i had to take the car to a old toyota mechanic at least when i get it back all the vacuums will be done right and hooked up. i dropped it off yesterday. he was a toyota mechanic for 20 some years and when his son got his ase certification they decided to open their own shop together. he is excited to work on my supra he's like "i've been waiting for one of these to come along. theres not that many left out there." his words not mine so i'm just glad i found sombody who knows alot about these cars lol

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Damn, and to think I've been avoiding this thread. Glad that got sorted out. Airhead, all is forgiven, for now ;)
Kangae: Thanks for sticking up for me, you knew as well as I that there's no way I could have lasted this long with that sort of grammar "skill" ;)

Airhead: If you've read my posts you'd know that I would NEVER write like that. That would be hilariously ironic if that was my sig, and that's how I typed in my posts.

I feel the way you type says a lot about you. If you're too lazy to spell out entire words, use punctuation, capitalization, basic sentence structure, then the help you seek can't possibly be that important. If you can't be bothered to spell out the entire 3 letters of "you", then why should I go take the time to formulate an informative response? ;)

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Mine has been in the shop for almost a month now. But I knew it would be a while. My buddies told me before, that he takes a long time but he does good work. I'm sure it you want it faster you could pay for expedited service.