"I'm pretty positive its legal officer"

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
I was thinking about this the other day, what to say to a cop when you get pulled over and he asks to check whats under the hood. Also, I was reading the thread just recently started about saying this to a cop: "But its a Toyota and the throttle stuck!"

I also wanted to see what knowledge we have of the smog laws since I cant find any that specifically relate to this subject. And, with Cali begin the liberal state it is, I want to make sure the the rest of us know what to say and when to say it if the situation presents itself.

Blog away....
:D

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Cop: Pop the hood

ME: Hood locks, can I please see your warrant officer?

He will most likely check for a cat. If no cat say bye bye to car if he checks. No cats on my car or hood locks. Never had a cop check under the car or ask to see under the hood unless he wanted to talk "cars". Then i act like i never did any of the work n just purchased the car and it passed emissions.

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
mmmm I like that thinking. I did have that idea about the hood locks. I was always too scared for them to be like, ok were just gonna take your car then!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
OneJArpus;1509679 said:
Cop: Pop the hood

ME: Hood locks, can I please see your warrant officer?

He will most likely check for a cat. If no cat say bye bye to car if he checks. No cats on my car or hood locks. Never had a cop check under the car or ask to see under the hood unless he wanted to talk "cars". Then i act like i never did any of the work n just purchased the car and it passed emissions.

In cali they have the right to tow your car at that point, and yes I do believe they will be dick enough to do it.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
gotsomegetsome;1509675 said:
whoooooooooaaa english please

I have no idea what that IVEPTASDFSD is lol

CARB is the California Air Resources Board. If a product has a CARB number, it is legal for emissions controlled vehicles in california. If it doesnt have one its not emissions legal.

AFAIK is As far as i know.