I'm P.I.T.A. sorry but i appreciate it. Sensor placement need help,..PLEASE

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your help, I know I'm a P.I.T.A. but I appreciate your help: I have two sensors that look identicle to each other and you can also put each sensor in either the water jacket housing or the thermostat housing they will both go in either port and will screw in easily. One sensor has a green top and the other sensor has a redish top, which color goes where? I think they both appear to have a single blade terminal. The one in the thermostat housing says it's the Aux fan sensor,.. what should that color be? The one in the water jacket housing says "water temperture gauge", what color top is that one? One of the sensors is good ( the red one) but does it go in the water jacket or the thermostat housing? Or I'm I just clueless? here's a link to show what I'm saying

EDIT::: SORRY THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME COLOR WHICH MAKES IT HARDER.

:1zhelp:

:1zhelp: http://www.supramania.com/forums/threads/70459-What-sensors-are-on-the-thermostat-Housing

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
One is for your ECU, the other is for your gauge cluster's temperature gauge. So long as they're both installed in the water neck, and the wiring plugs are plugged into them, mixing them up should not affect the results. That said, you should check to see if there are part numbers on the sensor, just to verify my thinking... Also, if they have a different number of blades in them, then I'm completely mistaken.

However, the important thing is that they both get plugged in. Location will likely be dictated by how long the wiring to the harness plugs are.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Question: te72,one is at the thermostat housing which is before the thermostat , the other is after the thermostat, that makes me think that the specs are different, and they do their job at a different time. I just need to know if the part numbers are different or the same. If they are the same, then, yea, I would agree it wouldn't matter which port it gets plugged into. They are both single blade terminals. The one one in the thermostat housing clearly shows a blade terminal, the other "appears" to be a blade and also that's what I have. The link indicates that one of them says " Aux Fan sensor" and the other says "water temp gauge" I believe need the part number for the "Aux Fan sensor" which I'm having trouble finding,
te 72, I believe the ECU sensor is the green plug one, take a look. I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT MY THINKING! .. regardless. thanks te72!! as always appreciate it!