I'm not proud of it but...

MTownsupra

Jun 11, 2005
Memphis, TN
One of the first nights after I bought my 89' turbo I was giving my girlfriend a ride home. I was sitting at a stoplight in the middle lane minding my own buisness when out of no where I hear tires squeling. I look up and see the light is green now so I just start going normally. Well the Celica (new body style) in the left lane is burning tire and the accord (01' ~ body style) are racing. I was thinking pretty slow but as the two other cars are leaving the intersection I just floor it, no clutch slip or anything, just floored it at like 900 RPM. Well my car was all stock then except for an Apex-i intake and a HKS SSQV, so I spooled pretty quickly and just roasted the other two cars before we even hit like 45mph. My girlfriend and I couldn't stop laughing and all i got from the other two cars was the middle finger for pretty much owning any ego they had. You gotta love an 80's car with paint bubbling off and 155,000 miles that can still burn all these new toy cars. Not really a kill so to say becasue there was no competition but it was kinda fun crashing their front wheel drive party.

M

Makavelli

LOL!

I once had a tweaked out Civic (I know, but I'm a Supra guy now). Anyway, leavin the bar one night (workin, not drinkin) I saw two 00 Mustangs. I swear ta god, one said "Honda Eater" and the other said "Honda Eater II" on the back windshields. The main street in town is 3 lanes, and at 3 am, it was pretty dead, so I pulled up between em, dropped the hammer and ate both of em. Either my lil Civi DX beat em ugly, or they just got scared after 130 mph...either way, it's a double kill! :biglaugh:

Lurch

You rang?
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxvegas
Yes, aren't the GTPs right around 14 sec stock? I think that was 2002 models though, not sure now. I remember a couple factory freaks that could hit 13's stock, but it was really rare. Pretty nice for a big comfy car like that.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
GTP Coupe
3.8L 240 hp V6
240 @ 5200 RPM <~~ most rap out and shift at 5200-5300ish area, mines chipped and hits 6k :D
280 @ 3600 RPM

Ive seen some run mid 15's stock and some run mid 14's stock guess its a maintancae thing. I belive I run a high 13 or VERY low 14 with 500 invested.