I'm not new BUT I have a new supra to show!!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
So just a few days ago I picked up this supra. Its a 1990 Turbo, Targa. This is by far the cleanest MK3 Supra that I have owned, and one of the cleanest I'v ever seen in person. inside and out. Its mostly stock right now. Only has HKS metal head gasket, ARP hardware, 3inch exhaust, and K&N intake. Also has 18 inch rims with 275 tires on back. This is also the first Automatic Supra that I'v had, so i'll see how I like the auto as I mod the car. So far I'm enjoying it. Here are a few pictures for you all to enjoy, let me know what you think. I will start modding this car pretty soon, so more to come!

This first picture we had a little fun with to see what dual exhaust would look like, have to say its sweet looking lol

p1791867_1.jpg

p1791867_2.jpg

p1791867_3.jpg

p1791867_4.jpg

This isn't the best picture but the interior looks like a brand new car in person. Didn't find this out till after I bought the car but it even has cup holders in the middle console :D None of my other supra's had that so that was pretty cool.
p1791867_5.jpg

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
lol i saw the dual exhaust and was like AHH SWEET! then i scrolled down and was like awwww :( you should have kept it! other than that car is clean, previous owner deserves a trophy.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
Haha ya I really like how the dual looks in that picture but I would have to get a fuel cell for it to really work that way. Its on stock boost and only hitting like 3-4 psi. So tomorow im gonna have alittle fun and shim the wastegate to try and get around 8psi out of it for now.

micheesupra

Jul 31, 2011
Georgia
Welcome back. It reminds me of a saying that people keep saying... Once you have a turbo you keep wanting more. But in this case, once you have a supra, you always want another. Congrats.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
So I shimmed the wastegate on the turbo and I only got 1 more pound of boost. At first I put 1 nut on each side which is as thick as 3 washers. went from 4psi on the stock gauge to about 5. So I put another nut on each side and the boos level stayed the same at 5psi. Would this be from a boost leak or a bad wastegate spring? Any ideas?