I'm back...

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Most of you probably have no idea who I am, but it's been 4 years since I sold my silver '87t hardtop, and now that I'm out of school its time to feed the addition again! I just picked up another 87T hardtop -- this one white with a sunroof and dark blue interior (yay not burgundy -- sorry Duane).

Totally stock except hose techniques hoses and a Beech stupidly-short shifter that the previous owner apparently got here on Supramania. I hope I'll get used to it, but its seriously like all wrist. Apparently its even still on the original clutch (118K).

Anyway, the bad: It's dropped a cylinder or two so I'll be rebuilding it right off the bat. If the block/head happen to be toast, I thankfully still have a spare 120K 7mgte from MK3 #3 (a BHG car I was going to fix & sell until I discovered a twisted chassis and parted it out). Brief history: MK3 #1 was an 87T targa I bought when 15 and sold when 17, MK3 #2 was the silver track/drift car, and #4 was an '88 bhg NA I fixed and sold...

I didn't get a chance to snap any pics since it took 4 hours to tow the 170 miles back to my shop -- but here are two from the CL ad:

The body is 7/10 -- looks pretty good from afar but has some small blemishes on pretty much every panel. My silver car was a 5/10 (it was pretty much all the same color) so this is a step up. Interior is decent except: driver's door panel has some torn vinyl where your elbow would rest, driver's seat has a small tear, passenger lock bezel is missing, and antenna access cover is missing. Oh and of course the center console/armrest is pretty ratty. Overall a pretty good car for $1000 :D

Apparently the previous owner bought the car in Salem and attended one of the Centralia meets before moving to Sacramento (He said "I met this crazy guy named Duane with a ridiculous car from Canada -- it was insane!" :biglaugh: ).

Anyway, my goals are fairly modest -- I basically want it to be like my Silver car (coilovers, 10lb/rwhp etc) except without gutting the damn thing so I can actually enjoy it off the track too.

So um yah :wavey:

PS -- anyone know where I can buy/rent/borrow a torque plate?

Edit: found another pic P.O. had posted after installing hose techniques hoses:
p1377680_1.jpg

Looks almost exactly the same now -- maybe a little more dirt now & the driver's side TEMS cover is gone since he had apparently installed a BMC brace at the same time he did the short shifter (brace didn't come with the car). Neither is a big deal -- cleaning the bay should be fairly simple once the engine's out, and I'm sure a set of coilovers will eventually find there way under the body...

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Hey Jeff! Welcome back! Also, Suprarich (SIP Racing) sells/rents torque plates. :)