im a dumbass....

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
well the thing is that that tunnel and i have history, i used to blast through it at speed. it usually has slush, sometimes water. but usually it is only 6 inches deep at most this time of year. 4 years ago i was blasting through it at speed when i encountered a cinderblock frozen in time in the middle. i was going about 40 mph when i hit it.... i exited the tunnel without a sled and the sled self destucted inside the tunnel. i broke bones, my pride and my sled all at once. so now i drive reasonably through these tunnels expecting the usual slush...well yesterday it was 2ft of water and ice..... it did not end well, but im here to laugh at my proud ass.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

should have heard the un-edited version.... mom would not have been proud of the filth i spouted

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
ironically after walking back to the truck, driving to the diversion......i discovered that snowmobiles float to some extent. i walked in and hooked up a rope to the front bumper and was walking out to hook it up to my trucks winch when i realized it was not that hard to pull. pulled it out by hand, changed the cooked belt and drove it on the trailer..

so i walked 3 miles when i coulda pulled it out by hand....further reinforcing my threads title!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
LMAO was wondering if it had fucked itself, drowned a bud's Honda Oddesy way back and killed the drive belt in the CVT setup (I know 99 parts of fuck all about Snowmobiles but I'm assuming they're CVT?)

My recent "Stupid of the Day" was almost drowning the Rideon in the Pond....had to winch it out..

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
ya basically they are a cvt setup with a rubber belt. i realized i was boned when i started to veer towards the wall and had to let out of the throttle slightly to push off. that was the point that i lost forward momentum.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Ah that sucks, dude! Glad you made it back without frostbite, though! :)

I ride a POS, $200 1987 (I think it's an '87) Polaris 400 two-up. It's got balls for being so old. I basically got it because I wanted something to beat the snot out of in the woods and not worry about wrecking it. Totally worth more than $200 in fun alone. LOL.

Edit: pretty much identical to this one, found on Google images:
3899681.jpg

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Hey, you didn't get hurt, and you didn't hydrolock the motor. You did good. I've done worse... ;)