ignition???

88supramaniac

Mar 8, 2009
chicopee,ma
Ok so I just did a headgasket job torqued to 80 ft/lbs and I installed everything right and double checked everything..but the car isn't receiving spark....I checked the ignitor,ecu,and spark plugs....im receiving fuel but no spark...I also have to solder a cable from the cps back in....but that wouldn't cause me to not get spark at all would it?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
why dont you re connect everything like it should be per the tsrm and repair and breaks in the wiring as well. Check that everything is getting a signal to the ecu (continuity test) and vise versa. Then properly check the ignition components per the tsrm. How do we know your coils arent bad? have you tested them per the tsrm?

88supramaniac

Mar 8, 2009
chicopee,ma
I've checked everything from fuel lines to fuel injectors via tsrm.....checked everything cleaned everything.....can anybody give me the link on how to check the coils

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
88supramaniac;1343512 said:
Ok so I just did a headgasket job torqued to 80 ft/lbs and I installed everything right and double checked everything..but the car isn't receiving spark....I checked the ignitor,ecu,and spark plugs....im receiving fuel but no spark...I also have to solder a cable from the cps back in....but that wouldn't cause me to not get spark at all would it?

I just went through this same issue First I checked the connectors at the coil pack and made sure I had 12v just disconnect them and test with a test light 5 min,that ruled out the coils not getting 12v next in line was the CPS the wires on mine were pulled apart inside the harness beside the CPS check that out.

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
88supramaniac;1343955 said:
ok so i just checked the power on the coils....im not getting power to the coils,ignitor or cps....idk what it is

I had this one haunt me way back is your main grounds grounded the ones on the drivers side under the intake manifold?check you fuses? since theres no power

88supramaniac

Mar 8, 2009
chicopee,ma
Alright I rewired the c.p.s....checked fuses....checked the power on coils and there was nothing even when I went to go start it.....the ignitor there is nothing either....anybody know now?