If you played the Lottery, and won - what would you spend the money on?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Supracentral;1516763 said:
Cold beer, warm pussy and a place to shit with a door on it....

... because you can't has the dog staring at you... .

QFT. A fool and his money are soon parted. A vast majority of lottery winners file for bankruptcy within 5 years.

I'd get a good financial plan and live comfortably while I pursue various hobbies including racing cars, tinkering with cars, offroad expeditions, and maybe some charity work in africa (ok, it really would be an excuse to drive my landcruiser offroad, but atleast it's a good cause, right?).

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
First thing I'd do is setup a trust, then collect my money. Second would be to get setup to take my entire family for a long vacation, which won't require too much $$ in comparison to the winnings... Once I'm fully relaxed and carefree, we can choose where to live and how to spend our money.

That's where the house comes in! The house would be comfortable, not a mansion... but it would be a mechanical/electrical engineering architectural marble. The garage would be underground and cars would have to enter/exit by elevator.

All this takes a lot of time of course. Always making sure that we're living as carefree and relaxed as possible... If not, why have money at all if you're not enjoying your life?

Car-wise, besides the usual suspects (exotics) I would have a shop order EVERY PART AVAILABLE for a MK3 & MK4 and have them rebuilt as new as possible BUT to my specs. Obviously the engine, drivetrain, suspension, etc would be upgraded... but always trying to keep the cars as original as possible... Can always build CF race monsters later ;)

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Too much to list.

But...
Restore my car with OEM EVERYTHING (aside from the fun stuff).

- Buy my mom a new car.
- Buy everything that my folks need to finish their house.
- Buy myself a house with a 2 or 3 car garage, install a lift, tire changer and balancer, brake lathes, etc.
- Fill a couple of tool cabinets with Snap On tools (basic and job specific), buy Snap On diagnostic equipment (Solus being one of them)
- Donate to various charities
- Donate money to my local Community College's automotive technology program so that they expand the courses and buy the tools needed to properly teach the courses (have run into that many many many times)
- Invest
- Deposit's
- Build a bomb proof safe in a secret room in the basement of the house I would build to help store some of my money

Travel the world to eat the food first, then see the sights later.

Cars, well, who knows what I would buy haha

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
To be more specific about things. I would truly get a lawyer before even turning in my winning lottery ticket. I would probably not tell a single soul other than the lawyer, that I have won the lottery. I would then proceed onwards to setting up a fund that I can live solely off of interest income. After that is accomplished, I would continue to do my job, as if nothing ever happened...

The good things that would come of it would be that I could expand the business that I work for (my friend owns it, and I am the only employee) which means that me and him would probably get incorporated, I would become a CEO - and we would begin to employ several people - therefore starting a legacy.

Cars? Yes!
The one I have now... haha - my Acura RSX - it would just continue to be my beater! I dislike living way beyond my means.

Oh, and I would eat steaks, everyday. Probably for the rest of my life, lmao.

I would also invest in establishments that actually entice people to create healthy hobbies. The racetrack would definitely be one of them.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I've spoken to my GF about this before, and my list goes, in order.
Call in to work rich that morning ;) Probably work till they find someone, since I'm not a douche.
That day, I'd come home with a new Audi TT, the GF's always drooling over them.
Call Vermont Sports Cars and have them build me a World Rally spec 22b replica 2.5rs Coupe (winter beater)
Pay off my debts (measly $10,000 that it is)
Pay off my GF's debts (roughly half of mine)
Pay off my Parent's debts.
Pay off my Brother's debts. Take him car shopping.
Pay off my GF's Parent's debts, get rid of their shitboxes, buy them some cars.
Buy/build my own house, supergarage, etc...

Travel.
Probably buy a house on the Isle of Man.

There's plenty more, but I won't get too far into it.
Nothing too extravagant, I'm not too into the status part of being rich. I wouldn't buy a Lambo or anything like that.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I would start my own movie company to bring good books to film adaptation.
My own track
3-4 bay personal shop
Every tool I would ever need in triplicate
a modest yet personaly designed home
cars: 240z, Early 70's celica, 64 vette, all 4 supras, g35
and as already stated; warm pussy.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I would setup a family trust and a self managed superannuation fund.

I would then purchase a few properties through each of the above. A few for us, one for mum, and a couple investment properties that my brothers could then move into when they've left school.

Would set the family trust up to pay my mum a salary of $60,000 per year, so she could continue with her volunteering and not have to worry about bills not being paid and would also put aside $50,000 for each of my brothers' tertiary studies.

Considering the interest made on the initial amount in a normal high interest bank account would net you near on $6m a year, I think I would keep maybe 1/5 of the balance in cash, 1/5 in fixed interest investments, and then the rest would go into the share market with 80% in bluechips and 20% in newly listed startups.

I would continue working and would take an overseas holiday at least once a year.

Wouldn't purchase too many cars.

Edited to add that one of the places we would buy is Kai's house (leaving the title in his name, of course)!!!!!!!

Last edited:

shaggyskadude13

AAARRRGGGHH!!!!!
May 16, 2007
Rockledge, Florida
2010 gmc 2500hd
26194121ed6.jpg

and a house with no less than 10 acres

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I'd keep it simple..

2JZ single turbo, carbon widebody my 89, stock 7MGTE swap into my 92, and a 1JZ into my 86.5...

the rest I'd buy a house, pay off all my bills, and slap most of it into some high interest accounts and live off the interest...

I'd donate a bunch to charities too, hell I gave a guy outside the post office a $20 to support war veterans earlier today because I could...

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Supracentral;1517304 said:
If I gave an honest answer to this - it would be 14 posts long... :p

Maybe buy an island and make it the first truly free country in the world, and then invite all your buddies who give you good ideas to come live with you there?:naughty:

But for me, all I need is a bigger garage and these guys:

BMW M635CSi:

_BMW_M635CSI_E24494e0892557a7.jpg

Ferrari 512BB:
ferrari_512_bb.jpg

After that, just fix up my current collection, LS400, Supra and a 67 Chevelle.

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
My list-

-Pay off debts for myself, my girlfriend, and both of our families.
-Set up a trust fund for my gf's little brother and for the possiblity of children if and when my gf and I decide to start a family.
-House for us, one each for my rents, one for my gf's mother and brother to live in and one for her brother in the future set up as an investment property.
-Pay for mine and my gfs uni, and for her little brothers high school and uni.
-Buy a nice daily, probably a hilux or something so I can go offroad again.
-full resto and build of the Supra.
-Money away for a Wedding.
-Holiday.
-The rest between high interest bank accounts and shares to live off.

I'd still finish Uni and hopefully a PhD, the go into the work force. I want to live my life normally without the finacial hassles.
Get back into all my hobbies, Riding, bodyboarding, scuba diving, etc.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Lots of land somewhere with a nice house...Then build my own personal road course. Learn to fly, buy a plane. Cars?-Hell yes. Boats?-Hell yes.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
i would buy a big ass boat bring hella jdm shit over the states and give whatever people need on here they need to finish there builds...build a track..buy some farmland and have my uncle manage it...invest the rest....