If you had $5000 to spend...

btc2112

ninja
Apr 4, 2008
san diego
You guys wanna play a game?
Ok lets assume you are just getting your freshly, rebuilt to stock, 7mgte back with the addition of a mhg and arp head studs(with all necessary machine work of course). Your goal is a 400hp daily driver on stock internals and you have 5 grand to spend on goodies, not a penny more. What mods would you be looking to add to start to achieve this goal? And if 5 grand isn't enough to make 400hp, no worries its a good start. Oh and lets say suspension and brakes are already covered.

Im asking because this is my goal and although I have a pretty good idea of where Im headed, and what I want to add, I know there are many different paths to take to get there. Im curious to see how others would achieve this and goal and maybe I'll get some new ideas.

Thanks guys!

btc2112

ninja
Apr 4, 2008
san diego
GotBoost?;1143659 said:
intake, exhaust, custom ic, T61, fuel, em, alum. radiator, dyno time, and you're there, with cash left for some other goodies.

em? engine management?
could i get away with a piggyback at those power levels or would i be looking at a standalone?
also what do you guys think about the upgraded ct26's at that power level, will it be pushing too hard? i'd like to keep the stock manifold for now so i've been looking at the 57 trim from driftmotion. would that get the job done with all supporting mods or should i be looking at a bigger wheel like 60-1?

btc2112

ninja
Apr 4, 2008
san diego
CRE;1143713 said:
Two chicks at the same time. ;)

nice, i love that fucking movie.

"Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I were a millionaire I could hook that up, too; 'cause chicks dig dudes with money."

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
$5k?

Set of springs + TTR Bilstein shocks
Set of swaybars
57 trim CT26
Set of 264 camshafts
Set of adjustable cam gears
MAFT-Pro

Save the rest for tires/wheels ;)

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
57 trim ct, 2.5" IC pipes and IC, fuel pump, AFPR, MAFT-pro kit w/wideband..maybe some 550 injectors, high flow oil system. Of course an intake and exhaust and you'll need a good clutch too.

That's how id spend it on my supra for 400 hp. Would be less than $5k too..

btc2112

ninja
Apr 4, 2008
san diego
WhtMa71;1143737 said:
57 trim ct, 2.5" IC pipes and IC, fuel pump, AFPR, MAFT-pro kit w/wideband..maybe some 550 injectors, high flow oil system. Of course an intake and exhaust and you'll need a good clutch too.

That's how id spend it on my supra for 400 hp. Would be less than $5k too..

that's pretty much exactly what i have in mind. look like i'd have $$$ leftover for tires and rubber too...:sarcasm:

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
3" exhaust
gt35
550 injectors
wideband
safc
boost controler
fuel pump
intercooler and 2.5" pipe
ebay manifold
spec clutch

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
heres a idea
gt40
huge fmic
ffim
aem ems
4inch exhaust
boost to hell
blow it up
go buy a 2j

jk lol but just take what you like from what everyone else said and make your own idea...

"best thing you can do is make your own decision...when you resort to others telling you what to do you have not lived life, but had life lived for you"-webbs7mgte

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Replace EVERY bushing in the entire chassis. Reinforce the rear subframe. Change all fluids (I know you have a new motor, but what about the tranny and diff?) Full flow oil cooler system w/ accusump and bypass filter. Coolant filter (You'd be surprised what's floating around in the cooling system) Big brake kit.

That's all I've got for now, bedtime!

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
57trim CT
Intercooler and pipes (800-1000)
Maft PRO (920)
Crower 264 cams (540)
550cc injectors (550)
Exhaust (depends on kind)
Boost controller (25-250)

The cams will help free up flow, and your Intercooler, and hard pipes should free up some air flow. The bigger turbo will flow better, and be able to handle more boost. But you will need the boost controller for that, and a good boost gauge. Im not to sure if the stock fuel pump will handle that tho. The maft pro will eliminate the need for the AFM, and the price i showed was with the lambda and AF gauge. Also a good set of adjustable cam gears would help, to fine tune the car.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
well here's my build. I'm only hoping for around 450hp but this setup *should* b good for up to 600hp.

With the motor set up as asked,
Xspower if
DM ic piping
Hks ssqv
Lipp boss gts 67BB turbo
Stinger ems
Wideband eugo
680cc
Walbro 255 pump

Like I said I'm only going for 450hp but I could handle around 600hp. I'm shootin high to make the lower hp less stressful.