idling / fireing issues

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Please help i am unsure of why this is but heres the deal

I just put in a MHG and put everything back together but. When i went to run the car the only problem i am having is that, When the car is idling the it keeps jumping around reving up and then back down, but not all the way down to normal idle just down about 500 RPm to about 1K and then back up some time almost to 2K. The other problem is it sounds like and feels like i have some Plugs firing Late. I kind of get a bit of back fire from it at time and the engine will vibrate allot more then normal under any accelaration.

Please help!

I am not to sure what to look at first. We tried to look at the Vac line and all our sensor connectors and they all seem alright unless i missed a Vac line or something can that be the cuase of the whole problem

I forgot to mention also that the car seems to be going through allot more Fuel then normal. I think it might just be from the reving all the time at idle but i am not sure. There is no gas smell around the car at all. but at times it kind of smells like it might be burning ritch.

The engine is pretty much stock except for the NGK Iridium Plugs and NGK Wires, HKS MHG, ARP Head studs, Fluidyne Rad, HKS Air filter and Full 3" Exhaust from the Turbo Back with Second Cat Removed Also. Apex-i Turbo Timer witch i decided not to hook into the O2 line and is off at the moment due to these problems

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
Make sure that your 02 sensor is hooked up properly, since that will make ur car guzzle gas. As far as idle goes look into your AFM, and whats mentioned above.

~scott

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
New Issue. I found out it was the TPS. But now i think i have a BHG and i just replaced it :( I am consuming Rad Fluid like there is no tomorrow. The firing still seems a bit off. and while i am idling the car pumps out a bunch of White smoke :( I have to add almost 2 Liters to my Rad everytime i drive the car now :( :(

I have a Fluidyne Rad. I just changed the HG for a HKS Bead type 1.2mm HG and have ARP Head studs