idles bad

bilalkq

Jan 12, 2009
fresno,CA
my car ides bad on start up. it drops down so fast that feels like it will die. then when i turn it off after driving it, theres A SIZZling sound close to the turbo.it oesnt even oull that hard anmore. doest even fee like it i doind 15 pounds? do you guys think it could be timing or leak in down pipe or leak by exhaust manifold? i was driving today and the temperature was going up too. i dont know whats wrong with the car

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Spell check dude, we dont want to have to interpret things that are technical ;) Not to mention feelings are useless here. Any codes?

bilalkq

Jan 12, 2009
fresno,CA
no. no white smoke. its kinda wierd. but i have vapors in the exhaust. i hope its not bhg. i had a leak between the the housing on block and water pump housing. so i opened it and changed the gaskets on it. and i also chhanged the crankshaft seals and other seals. since then i am getting oil on my camshafts and timming belt. and car is still losing water but its not leaking anywhere. any idea guys?

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
I heard sizzlin' on your last post. I've blown my head gasket twice and both times I hear a sizzlin' noise front intake side near cylinder #2. I didn't hear any sizzlin' till it was blown. Examined the gaskets and it blew at #6 to coolant jacket. Once to the far rear channel and previously to the exhaust side.
Overheating ? - fill the rad cold, empty overflow and drive. Return and see if the overflow is full and especially overflowing then you're ready for the napa hydrocarbons test.

Oil leak ? Where it is leaking will most likely be the dirtiest.

WTF ? oil on your camshafts ? Please tell more....

bilalkq

Jan 12, 2009
fresno,CA
yeah oil on camshaft because i had a water leak between the front pant behid crank pulley and block.so i took the plate out. i had the complete gasket set. so i changed the seals on that plate for crank pulley too. but i think i didn put them rite. they leak. but i didnt time the car with timming gun after that. so what do you think? could it be the timming that the car doesnt pull hard? n i am doing 15 ounds on metal headgasket arp bolts, stock rods, ckevitte bearings, and frged pistons. i have 60-1 ct26 upgrade.

bilalkq

Jan 12, 2009
fresno,CA
and sizzling sound on my car is on the pipe that goes from water neck to the throtte body. is that ok if it happens?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
bilalkq;1261445 said:
yeah oil on camshaft because i had a water leak between the front pant behid crank pulley and block.so i took the plate out. i had the complete gasket set. so i changed the seals on that plate for crank pulley too. but i think i didn put them rite. they leak. but i didnt time the car with timming gun after that. so what do you think? could it be the timming that the car doesnt pull hard? n i am doing 15 ounds on metal headgasket arp bolts, stock rods, ckevitte bearings, and frged pistons. i have 60-1 ct26 upgrade.

i would not be boosting with out knowing what your base timing is set up, thats asking for trouble!

shiftysupra

Nov 4, 2008
Tucson, AZ
idk even if someone i bought the car off of said they did the work i'd do it again. especially something as inportant as a mhg job. any codes? these cars are too easy for some bone head to f-up. replace the gaskets again after the hydrocarbon test.