Idle Vacuum and elevation?

SoupedUpSupra

The guy.
Mar 31, 2005
Sonoma County, Norcal
I just moved from California at almost sea level to Utah at an elevation of 4544 ft. Does the change in elevation change idle vacuum? In California I had an idle vacuum of 20-21, here it is about 12 in/hg. Is this normal for elevation change or do I have a boost leak? I don't have all my tools here to check for a boost leak at the moment.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I answered his question so I'd say it was pretty helpful. What am I supposed to do, explain how the physical world works? Stuff he should've learned in high school? Things every intelligent adult should know?

This is why we're becoming a nation of idiots. I'll admit I know more about the atmosphere than most because it's where I work but still, this is pretty basic stuff. Maybe you'd like to explain it? That is, after you learn what "full" means...

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Nothing wrong with JJ's response.

I will add to his question. Sounds low to me. At 5500 ft in Denver, I pulled 17" of vacuum. At sea level it was 22.

Are you sure about your elevation? How much time passed between tests? Did you try somebody else's gauge?

SoupedUpSupra

The guy.
Mar 31, 2005
Sonoma County, Norcal
jetjock said:
I answered his question so I'd say it was pretty helpful. What am I supposed to do, explain how the physical world works? Stuff he should've learned in high school? Things every intelligent adult should know?

This is why we're becoming a nation of idiots. I'll admit I know more about the atmosphere than most because it's where I work but still, this is pretty basic stuff. Maybe you'd like to explain it? That is, after you learn what "full" means...

Wow what a big man you are to insult me for not getting a good education. It's not my fault that the school district I grew up in didn't teach science as well as yours. I have been in college studying business, sorry I haven't had any free time to take science classes to learn about how atmospheric pressure works :icon_roll

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I wasn't insulting you, I was insulting a system that has changed over the years. That was my point. Most people don't plan on being mathematicians either but math is still taught in schools. If you think you can get by in life on business alone you're even more clueless than you appear. But hey, go ahead and become another idiot among the masses, it's your call...