idle issues

utsupraguy1010

Apr 13, 2008
utah
alright so i rebuilt my 7mgte and installed it. It does run and everything is hooked up in the right place all the vac lines are hooked up. So my question is what would be wrong if when i try to accelrate the rpms drop off and i cant go over 2500 rpms in first and all gears and can only go about 25mph. When the car is just parked its fine and it idols fine, also when you control the throttle under the hood it will go as high as you want but as soon as you push the gas pedal it has a hard time. What could be the problem on why this is happening?? could it be the tps, cps, firing order, timing, fuel pressure, to much back pressure. Please please help thanks

MA70_Powa

Boost Addict
Jun 17, 2007
Tasmania
check your spark plug leads and make sure they're pushed in firmly - I had this problem once and it turns out one of my leads was only half on... worked for me (although this was on an n/a motor so it might be different for you).

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
utsupraguy1010;1085818 said:
could it be the tps, cps, firing order, timing, fuel pressure, to much back pressure. Please please help thanks

Yep. All of them will do it.

I would check the cam timing and CPS timing first though.

utsupraguy1010

Apr 13, 2008
utah
alright thats what i will do. With the cps it only has to possible places to be right??? cause you turn in 180 if that does not work right???

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It it will run fine and rev fine if you move the throttle and not when you use the gas pedal the only thing that's different is the linkage assembly.

Other than that, it sounds like the AFM is disconnected...

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
utsupraguy1010;1085916 said:
ya thats the thing is it is hooked up. It like drops rpms wehn you press the pedal.

Wait so the car will rev absolutely no problem when you open the throttle body from under the hood? And your only having the problem when your using the pedal?

Codes?

utsupraguy1010

Apr 13, 2008
utah
yep it drops when you press the pedal and if you keep pressing it then it will start to work a little bit and ever now and then it works really good so i dont know what the problem is

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
First check your timing and error codes.

Does the stalling also occur when you rev the engine very hard when you open the TB by hand?
If it only occurs under load (while driving or revving hard @ neutral) it can be a massive vacuum leak and you should check the upper and lower IC pipes.

Last edited:

utsupraguy1010

Apr 13, 2008
utah
i think it might be the lower ic pipe because the kid i got the car from had the same problem with it blowing off so i think i will check that and the codes that come up are 34, 51 and 52 one is the ac thing but i dont even have ac the kid i got the car from took it off and cut the lines and everything so that is prob why that one is on and then 52 i think is the turbo pressure thing. were is that located is that the wastegate?????? i dont know were that would be. But ya i will start it and check the timing with a timing light then i will check that lower ic pipe

utsupraguy1010

Apr 13, 2008
utah
i figured it out... it was the bottom ic pipe that was not on all the way so i replaced it cause it was not long enough and it runs really good now. i just need to play with the cps a little bit. Thanks to everyone that helped me out i appreciate it. One happy supra owner>>>>>>>> peace

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
I am having the same problem. My car idels fine when start but as soon as the gas pedal or the thortle is touch, the rpm drops and the car stalls. I have been checking my error codes every now and than and there still no code errors at all (continuous engine flash during diag.). Is it possible that this can be cause my a bad VSV soleniod or a bad water temp. sensor? As a note, I checked the Fuel Pump Solenion, Fuel pump Relay, Solenoid Resistor, and the fuel pressure, and all of these were working find. All my ic pipes are fully tighted because I checked over times already. I also tried piping straight from the turbo to the IC 3000 pipe and still same problem. PLEASE HELP ME.

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
I figured it out about why the car stalls. One of the AFM wire from the ECU was disconnected and I reconnected. I can now rev the car to max rpm. I just to have fix my knock sensor now.

utsupraguy1010

Apr 13, 2008
utah
alright i did fix the problem and now the same problem is back in play. i have ran a smoke test and there are no vac leaks. there is a little smoke coming from were the egr bolts to the head but could that be the problem.. I started it two days ago and the car ran fine down the road and back and then i let it idle for like ten min and was fine then all the sudden started to have a hard time idling and when you try to open the throttle it cuts out and wont go up over 25000. So could it be timing is off??? or maybe the cps is way off... i am completely out of ideas and there is no one around my area that knows anything about the car so i need some help from you guys thanks...

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
Double check your error codes because by fixing the lower ic pipe, that only fixed the error code 34. The code 52 is for a bad knock sensor(s) or bad wire(s) to the knock sensor. Code error 52 will cause your car to loose lots of power. Also as a note, when you are testing for codes, do not touch the gas pedal because if you did the error code 51 will automaticly come on.