idle issue. I'm clueless video attached

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok iscv installed and it works good. Cold start idle is at 2grand once warm its doen to 1100. Still not low or 700 but ill take it for now, I think maybe my tps may be out of adjustment slightly from when i was testing and took it off and playing with it so ill mess it it some more, install a filter on my afm to isolate the fan turbulance from the fan, cap off the one or two vaccum lines remaining and see if the idle drops.

also get my exhaust install 2moro so no mroe open downpipe.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
3p141592654;1249963 said:
The ECU opens the ISCV all the way up after you shutdown. You should hear it after you turn the ignition off. It would be unlikely that all three are bad, they are pretty simple stepper motors. Have you checked the wiring between ISC and ECU? There are no fault codes set if the stepper wiring is bad.

The AFM is sensitive to air flow, hence the honeycomb. Can you put the air filter on it to isolate it from the underhood fan turbulence?

ok now heres the issue, this car is doing a pattern. When i 1rst installed the new iscv valve that works good, 1rst startup cold idle is around 2grand then once warm it was at 1000. And runs perfect.

IF i turn the car off and then turn it back on, then the idle fluctuates up and down up and down up and down continously.

If i take the iscv out and apart and rotate the stepper motor to just move it in and out and install it back one, The 1rst startup it will do the same as be4, idle at 2grand then once warm 1000, turn the car off turn it back in, and it fluctuates up and down again.

I seriously do not understand this car and will make a video of this 2moro, in the video i start it up with a the new iscv after ui move it and installed it and sho how it idles wen cold and warm, and then when i turn the car off and turn it bac on doing nothing else how it changes.

nikwal

[Shitx0rZ DeluX]
Jan 20, 2009
Västerås
I hate to say it but since other things seems ok, did you try with another ecu? I'm thinking that if one step is not stepping, if its moved to another position it might start to turn. mayne even have to measure resistance of the valve from within the ecu to rule out everything in the wireing.. hmm damn this is strange..
or maybe faulty rpm sensors heh?

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
nikwal;1253861 said:
I hate to say it but since other things seems ok, did you try with another ecu? I'm thinking that if one step is not stepping, if its moved to another position it might start to turn. mayne even have to measure resistance of the valve from within the ecu to rule out everything in the wireing.. hmm damn this is strange..
or maybe faulty rpm sensors heh?

nah i cant get my hands on another 87-88 ecu yet.

how do i go about checking resistance the resistance of the valve from the ecu?

dam the weather sucks right now but should clear up this afternoon so as soon as it stop raining i will be out here with a video.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
dumbo;1253998 said:
So you got a code 32 but you continue to fuck with the iscv?

yes the code 32 and the 51 was to check to make sure that the tps was working correctly, the code 32 and 51 came from when cracking open the gas pedal when checking for codes to see if they would come up and they did, The hac works off the tps signal thats the reason for both of the codes.

Pulled the efi fuse cleared codes never came back.

It was just done to check to make sure that the tps is adjusted properly. and that the tps wasnt at fault for my idle issue

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
dumbo;1254052 said:
If you crack the throttle I thought you only get a code 51. I didn't think it had anything to do with code 32.

I'd check your codes again.

did so and when cracked code 32 and 51, let off the throttle both codes disappear.

I stated this earlier in the thread when i was told to do so and stated what happened, the codes, what happen when throttle is cracked, when its off, and its normal, just showed that it was adjusted perfectly and working.

so yea throttle cracked open I get code 32 and 51, throttle off no codes.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
queenskid926;1254060 said:
did so and when cracked code 32 and 51, let off the throttle both codes disappear.

I stated this earlier in the thread when i was told to do so and stated what happened, the codes, what happen when throttle is cracked, when its off, and its normal, just showed that it was adjusted perfectly and working.

so yea throttle cracked open I get code 32 and 51, throttle off no codes.

ok my bad, I only thought ONLY code 51 would come up.

EDIT: ONLY

Last edited:

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok went outside to make a video, The car took about 10 seconds of cranking too start, then to my surprise it idles fine a first at 1500 then idle fine at 1000. I was surprised. So i turn the car off turn it back on, and the idle began surging again as soon as it started up up and down up and down, turn the car off turn it back on idle fine, turn it off and turn it back on about 10 times idle fine, turn it off turn it bac on idle surging, turn it off turn it back on fine.

So its completly random so im assuming now it an issue with the wiring. A short on the wiring? or maybe a bad ecu, capacitors messed up.? I thought that only happen on 1j'z lol

bigmacz28

BIGMAC
Jun 2, 2007
Tucson,AZ
Well I hope you find out whats wrong. I just rebuilt my 89 7MGTE and once I started it (yesterday), it runs at about 2000 to 2500 RPMs and unpluging the afm drops it to about 1200. Code 51 set on mine. I'm sure u know the Turbo ISCV has a check value in it that the N/A's don't have. I haven't done anymore troubleshooting on it. Might go down to the shop and work on it this afternoon. I haven't even set timing with a light yet. Will keep checking your post and if I fix mine will let you know what I found.

Joe

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
jetjock;1254155 said:
Not your bad. 51 is the only one that'll come up. The OP is simply confused about how the diagnostic system operates...

ok srry u was right then, i will check for codes again with the throttle open and off and see if that code comes up again and let you know jet jock, thanks for clearing it up.

i will update this with the results in a little bit

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok jet jock here is whats happening when im checking for codes.

Checking for codes regularly i get a code 11.
If i put my foot on the throttle right then right there nothing else happens just a repeat of code 11.

Then I turn the car off then back to on and if i tap the gas and leave my foot slightly on the gas be4 i turn it to on, i do not get the code 11 anymore but i get the codes 32 and 51. If i take my foot of the gas nothing happens the codes just keep coming up.

If i turn the car off then back on with my foot off the gas all i get is the code 11 again.

Does that show that my tps is adjusted correctly?
And sense I'm only suppose to get the 51 when my foot is on the throttle, being that I'm getting the code 32 is that messing up my idle?. Again it only comes when i check for the codes and my foot is on the gas and its off when I check for codes and my foot is off the gas, just like the 51

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
jetjock;1254155 said:
Not your bad. 51 is the only one that'll come up. The OP is simply confused about how the diagnostic system operates...

Thats what I thought, thanks jetjock.

Code 11 will overide all other codes. Deal with that before anything else.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
dumbo;1254257 said:
Thats what I thought, thanks jetjock.

Code 11 will overide all other codes. Deal with that before anything else.

ok i will tackle that first is what i did in the post above of checking codes correct with the tps?

i was sent info from and older post of mines of the code 11 so i will start testing it and let you guys know the results, thank you all again, i learn so much in the past week with this car.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
dumbo;1254288 said:
code 11 is power interuption i belive, if you just did a engine swap I would make sure you got all your grounds.

check the grounds wire on the back of the head to the body, from the batt to the block, from the tranny to the body, and the grounds on the intake manifold.

i will start with the procedure for the code 11 in the tsrm checking the ecu etc in a lil bit, im starving rite now lol

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
ok did the check procedure for code 11.

igsw - e1 is withing range
mrel - e1 is within range
+b and b-e1 is within range

but

batt-e1 is zero voltage

I tried batt and body ground, zero voltage again.

I guess thats where the code 11 is coming from.

the car still starts and runs, and has the random idle problem. so does that means its the ecu? or the wire harness? Can i get a jumper from the + batter to that the batt line on the ecu and see if that get rid of the code? or voltage drop testing?

Last edited: