idle error controll

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
from what i understand you have to set the idle error contrill before setting timing. if so why do i not see any threads pertaining to this subject? therefore my question is where is it, and what do i do with it?. i understand i could go to "all data" and set the "idle error controll" but i feel that something should be written up on this subject for others having this problem, without access to "all data". Unless i am missing something this is why i feel i must be thinking this through incorectly or i am missing something. the timing light i used said the motor is idleing at something like 1300 but the dash said about 680. what am i missing?

-Dustin

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
where is the confusion? is there no idle controll? i will look tomarrow. yet somehow i feel that the fact that it does not need to be set before timing is not incorect.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I assume you're referring to All DATA, the vehicle servicing information database. Other than that I'm as clueless as can be. Fwiw I happen to have an AD compact disc for the MKIII and it's not worth anywhere near what they want for it. You'd be better served by reading the TRSM, or whatever that damn book is called.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
TSRM = bible

ALLDATA is....ok, it's on the level with the haynes manual, and I threw that on a shelf and don't touch it (ever since I was replacing my cam cover seals and it said "tighten until snug")

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Idle Error Control = Idle Air Control Valve.

Too bad it's automatically set by the PCM. Only way to fix it is to

A: Hope it's just carbon buildup that can be cleaned up. or
B: Buy a new one!

BTW, I'm fluent in the "I don't understand cars" language. I'm working on a translator matrix as we speak. :sarcasm: