Identity of this short shifter

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Hi guys, have been doing research about this particular shifter here:

Just wanted to know what brand/ who made it.
A local buddy has it and I just want to know what it is and some feedback. Thanks!

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Looks like the one I had in my 86.5 years ago. I think it was a C's, not sure where it got off to though, I may have tossed it... It never really made a difference, it was just as sloppy as the factory one.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
MarkIII4Me;1960107 said:
Looks to be the chinese made ones that were sold on ebay where the chrome coating would flake off and make a real mess.

Think we have a winner here. Wanna say they were made by Mookee or something.

Chambers;1960115 said:
Looks like the one I had in my 86.5 years ago. I think it was a C's, not sure where it got off to though, I may have tossed it... It never really made a difference, it was just as sloppy as the factory one.

Definitely not a C's.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Nice. Good to know, some dude had it on his 240 and it sat too low on his console he didn't like it and I traded one of my thousands of OEM shifter for it. Couldn't identified what it was. It does look like the Mookee when I was trying to find out what it was. It was an even trade so i'm happy. How well it works I'll get back on that later when I get a chance to install it. Can't really complaint, it was pretty much free.

1James

Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Mookeeh MK1 Shifter. This is a trash unit. Fitment is decent enough during installation, but the other problems make it not worthwhile:

1. The actual shifter is a threaded two piece unit, but there is no "isolator" and rattles itself loose without some type of sealant/loctite/glue.
2. It has a M10x1.0mm shifter thread pitch -- no stock Toyota shifters fit.
3. The locating bushing that is on other side of the ball on the shifter that allows it to pivot is made of hard plastic. It gets gouged by the locating stud on the housing very quickly rendering the shifter utterly useless.