identifying parts

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
well one somebody i know is selling a 1989 supra targa top. the weird thing is the car is 5 speed,has a turbo dash and a turbo ecu but its a non turbo. the guy doesnt know much about the history of the car, but im jus wondering how i can decipher if it has a r154 tranny and 3.73s in the back. i think that the car was originally turbo but the guy blew the motor and jus droped in a non turbo. can anybody give me any tips to on how to go about this?

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
well i really cant jack her up. the guy jus has the car sitting there so me asked to check it out but didnt really have the time to look. either way were jus gunna buy it cuz he wants a targa and i wanna car to work on, but i woulda liked to know. but thanks for the info

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^no. what you can do tho is look at the door jam sticker and that will tell you everything about the car.

below the bar code on the door jam sticker it will say g305/r154. g305= 3.73 gears and r154 meaing the turbo trans. there were no r154's in the n/a. even on the door jam sticker it still says ma70 because its a ma70 chassis.