Ideas on how to attach body kit??

jaynoble

Mar 30, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have an 87 turbo. I am putting an Evil Evo Front/Rear bumper and side skirts. I really did not think it would give me a whole lot of trouble, but with it being a fiberglass shell basically, I have no mounting spots or holes to attach it. I guess I should have went with Polyurethane.

Anyway, anyone ever put one of these on?? What would be the best way other than fabricating a bunch of metal and welding custom brackets??

Thanks for any input.

Jay Dee
Cincinnati:1zhelp:

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
You get a sealant/attachment gel used specifically for fiber glass/poly 3m makes it there are some other generic brand attach the peices, then lay a coat of resin, sand it down make it smooth, resin it again, repeat about three times, thats what i did for my girls RX7 and it turned out great i should find some pics.

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
noxide said:
Is the front bumper the one that looks like the Maxx Autoworks? If so you will need a custom bracket made.
Not true, use the 2 holes on the fenders and drill 3 holes from the top of hte bumper where it goes up towards the hood and drill through the header panel. and use bolts trust me it works i used it on my car for over 3 years and it never moved.

noxide

Jul 8, 2005
conroe
www.noxide.com
I have the max autoworks front bumper and it came with a bracket that attached the bottom of the bumper to what looked like factory tie downs for a trailer. It also attached at the top like you said.

jaynoble

Mar 30, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
attachment.php
Here is a pic of the front bumper and side skirt. The old bumper cover has to come off and there isn't much to even think of fastening it to.:1zhelp

Attachments

• bodykit.jpg
    bodykit.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 26

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
noxide said:
I have the max autoworks front bumper and it came with a bracket that attached the bottom of the bumper to what looked like factory tie downs for a trailer. It also attached at the top like you said.
I had to get rid of those tie downs so i had to improvise without the maxx cage.

jaynoble

Mar 30, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thats what I was afraid of. Oh well, good things don't come easy. I have the same situation on the rear bumper too. three or four full weekends should knock it out.