ideal at 2k rpm and Loss of Boost after jdm swap

ehletitrain

Sweet Talker
Aug 6, 2009
Downey, CA
www.facebook.com
1987 supra

i bought a jdm 7mgte with aem cams, larger head. a mechanic at this shop said he could do the swap in a day. i leave the car there and i dont hear back from here till about 3 months and i got the car like this

as far as what i can see , the wiring was cut and some sensors were replaced.

my issue: the car ideals at roughly 2000 rpm and when i begin to build up boost , it all drops to 0 and does not build back up. also when it drops to 0 it makes a weird sound like if air is coming out of a tube then someone puts there hand on the end of that tube. also the temp gauge is not working.

has anyone experienced these issues before. if so what do you recoment i do.
i heard if i hook up a ideal control sensor from a 91 cressida i would be able to control the ideal and drop it down to 800 rpm at least

but everything else looks hooked up right..
heres a video of what im seeing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq0_e3-dy5A

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well, as your gauges aren't showing vacuum, the lines aren't connected. Orrrr, you have a massive vacuum leak which would also cause the high idle.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Make sure your ac system is turned off on your heater control as it will throw a code 51....51 also generally means a problematic throttle position sensor (all kinds of problems fallowing)....

Code 52 is your knock sensors codes...either your are knocking or they need rewired (happens alot)...

Adjust your throttle position sensor per tsrm and then reset your ecu and go for a drive....check codes again.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
In the interest of accuracy...

gaboonviper85;1453341 said:
Code 52 is your knock sensors codes...either your are knocking or they need rewired

There's no way code 52 can be caused by knock.

Poodles;1453340 said:
...you have a massive vacuum leak which would also cause the high idle.

Induction (vacuum) leaks in Type L EFI systems do not result in high idle.

Bri7man

"Yeah! Take the lemons.."
Jul 17, 2009
Torrance, CA
Sounds like you got it figured out?

Grammar lesson for the day!!

Engine idle is spelled like so, not ideal.

Ideal would be used like....

It is ideal to check engine codes at the source of a problem. :icon_bigg