IAT Sensor and Meth Nozzle Placement

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I would like to run a meth injection setup in the future, and I am currently converting my car to speed density using a Maft Pro. I'm trying to decide where to place the IAT sensor so I can easily install a meth nozzle later on. I've read many differing opinions on this, but should the IAT sensor be placed before or after the meth nozzle?

Most of what I've read say to put it before to keep the meth/water from collecting on the sensor and providing a false reading. I've also heard (from an Admin on aemtech.com) that it's perfectly acceptable (and preferred) to place it after the meth nozzle because it will then be measuring the actual temperature of the air being fed to the cylinders.

Anyone have experience/input on this?

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
IJ.;1608251 said:
I run my AIT sensors each side of the IC out of the engine bay and the Meth nozzle about 10" from the TB.

Why the sensor before the IC Ian? Is that just to measure the efficiency of the IC?

Any particular reason you placed them before the nozzle? Since the ECU doesn't see the effect of the meth in this setup, is this just for a detonation safeguard? Or are you still able to tune it to take full advantage of the meth?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Was just curious how well the fat IC was working ;)

Used to run a direct port Meth setup on the 7M then when I went Chev I didn't bother moving the Sensors, I don't "think" the amounts of water I was going to be injecting were going to have that large an effect on AIT's it was more of a safeguard for higher boost settings combined with the MoTeC Knock module.

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
Ive heard different things also but, from what i was told and what my meth kit says is to have the meth nozzel right before the throttle body. I also have my ait sensor by my passenger strut tower.