Ian's 87 2jz

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
car: 1987 Turbo hardtop
engine: 2jzgte (aristo) Single Turbo

Well the car is 90% complete, needs tuning and a few odds and ends (especially cleanup)

Only have my cam phone for latest pics but here they are:

2j_install1.jpg

2j_install2.jpg

Temporary Flex hose for the turbo, waiting on 4" AEM filter.
2j_install3.jpg

Thank you list:
Ellis Auto Workz www.ellisautoworkz.com
Bryant (Stinky) Tonkin < EA fabricator & all around bad mofo
Kyle Ellis (gritt) for the "Whens this thing gonna run" :lol:
Elvis (Satan) for the clip, 1j bellhousing and general guidance
My GF for putting up with me working on the car and hooking it up with the turbo
Randy (1fastsupra) (hooking it up with needed vband 1-day shipping and technical help)
..... & many more

Things to complete:
A/C
Tuning
Detailing the motor

Future mods:
AEM
720cc injectors
Full Brake work
6-pack of bud light

More pics to come,

-ian

burlguy

Jul 29, 2006
Northern Ca
Cassio, How did you go about wiring it? I am still trying to learn what wires and plugs need to be swapped at the fire wall on a na 91 Supra. I have found a aristo front clip shipped for 3000. But I have been looking into just getting a motor tranny ecu combo and Getting everything else seperate and going single with aem. Any advice?

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
wiring is by far the most frustrating and overwhelming part of this swap!

i used the aristo harness and ECU, if you can get your paws on a USDM 5spd or 6 spd harness I highly suggest you do that, apparently you can run it with the JDM ECU (not sure what they do for the injectors, probably corrects itself)... anyway as far as not getting a clip, it all depends on what you're going to do....

the aristo wiring harness is essentially 3 seperate parts.... it's kinda hard to grasp, but I will try to enlighten you:

the engine harness contains two connectors in the aristo, then there is a third connector that contains other ECU wires... a big reason wiring is a pain. from these 3 connectors you need to make 2 connectors for the ECU, and the 2nd connector on the engine harness goes primarily to body connectors (B1: Power, M1: Combination meter, and so forth)

its a real pita, if i could go back i would have got the clip along with a USDM harness, but i haven't totally researched this so don't take that as 100% best route, but a few guys i talked to on SF did this and had little headaches....

the wiring had me totally stumped until i did a lot of digging and just started reading diagram after diagram..

also the Clip is very helpful if you keep the hydro fan and want all the coolers etc.

I will try to make a write up when i am totally done to help people that want to do the swap.... once you start its cake, just have some $$ saved up..... if you were in FL i could recommend a shop that i will be helping with these swaps in the future.

HTH,

ian

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Looks great! Would look better in 5mp form, but you get the idea by now i'm sure.
Is it just me, or does that downpipe look wierd?

looks great anyway man! I'd love to do that someday.

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
yea the hose is killing me, i had a nice 3" intake pipe made for my old turbonetics on the 7M, but i think I gave it away...

when my 4" filter comes in i will have a new intake pipe fabbed up.

the DP is perfect, although ATM the dump pipe from the WG is tapping on it, we are waiting on a flex section so we can recirc it.

5MP, yea :( i need to buy a digital camera, photography is going to be my next hobby when im done spending $$$ on the sup.

i'll try to get a camera this evening and get some better day shots tomorrow for you guys, the cam phone is doing nothing for the setup
:)

thanks for the compliments!!

-ian

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
hey are you the guy with the burgandy NA that was at the shop?

Thanks for the props guys :)

burlguy

Jul 29, 2006
Northern Ca
Thanks for the info. Iam just going to keep saving my money until I have some definitive approach. I cannot make up my mind. I guess I should just buy a 2jz with harness and tranny. With the other grand saved I can buy fans, fmic, mbc, single turbo, pipes and almost everything else. I just like the idea of having it all in front of me, from one car to the other. I look forward to your write up and thank you very much.