I was bored one sunday, then this happened. ( SUBWOOFERS in an MK3) Pics!!

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
Haha you should have never done this, I'm guessing your inner audio guy will come out and if you take them out you'll have them back in the next day. Might as well just consider them part of the car now. ;) Personally I love my ported single 12 off my Rockford 500. Flexes the hatch a little bit and sounds fantastic. Also fits perfect just under the privacy cover so you'd never know it was there...well, until you pop in a Young Jeezy CD and the can see the hatch moving up and down in the rear view. Am I the only one that's noticed the Rear view mirror on the mark 3 is almost impossible to blur with bass? My driver's side is going crazy, passenger side isn't even noticibly moving and the entire rear view mount and visors and moving but the image itself is still perfectly clear. Kinda nice actually.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
hey...it runs;1877125 said:
Haha you should have never done this, I'm guessing your inner audio guy will come out and if you take them out you'll have them back in the next day. Might as well just consider them part of the car now. ;) Personally I love my ported single 12 off my Rockford 500. Flexes the hatch a little bit and sounds fantastic. Also fits perfect just under the privacy cover so you'd never know it was there...well, until you pop in a Young Jeezy CD and the can see the hatch moving up and down in the rear view. Am I the only one that's noticed the Rear view mirror on the mark 3 is almost impossible to blur with bass? My driver's side is going crazy, passenger side isn't even noticibly moving and the entire rear view mount and visors and moving but the image itself is still perfectly clear. Kinda nice actually.

Lol Bingo..... They are never leaving the car haha..... At first it was just for fun but now, I just cant bare to drive around the same again.... It feels soo good to get out of school and jam on the way out the parking lot with weaklings just staring at you full of hate as you enjoy every second of your bov knowing that the subs are just frosting on the cake of what the car really has $$ invested on...... I miss it soooo bad since its been in the garage for almost 2 weeks now with bad selenoids that by the way I changed yesterday but am awaiting free atf from toyota soo I can get her back on the road.... :D its gonna be on when she gets back...... Ill take some vids and more pics of my install and set up....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
hey...it runs;1877125 said:
Am I the only one that's noticed the Rear view mirror on the mark 3 is almost impossible to blur with bass? My driver's side is going crazy, passenger side isn't even noticibly moving and the entire rear view mount and visors and moving but the image itself is still perfectly clear. Kinda nice actually.
These cars are quite solidly built. I had a single 10" of some sort in a nice box in my old 88 that I had. I'm more of a sound quality guy than overall volume guy, so a 10" suits my cars just fine. All depends on the song though, some frequencies just WORK with whatever setup you have. I remember one song on an old Final Fantasy remix album (hey, I'm a geek, I'll admit it) that the rest of the album just sounded great, but this one particular song just hit the right frequency. Everything else was fine, but when this song came on for the first time at the normal listening volume... made my eyes water, and I couldn't breathe easily.

Anyway, try tightening the screw under the mirror on the door mirrors. The rear view mirror is on there with a very nice mount, I've never known one to vibrate or rattle. ;)

Sside;1877170 said:
It feels soo good to get out of school and jam on the way out the parking lot with weaklings just staring at you full of hate...
They haven't been drinking the haterade, they're just trying to figure out when they're going to break into your car. NEVER a good idea to show off near where you park the car and are away from it for long periods of time. Buddy of mine had the stereo stolen out of his car when he was about 20' from it. ;)

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
te72;1877196 said:
They haven't been drinking the haterade, they're just trying to figure out when they're going to break into your car. NEVER a good idea to show off near where you park the car and are away from it for long periods of time. Buddy of mine had the stereo stolen out of his car when he was about 20' from it. ;)

Lol you may be right..... But there is a cop in the parking lot 90% of the time.... Please dont take my system guys :(...... Well, yeah take my system just leave everything else ALONE... PLEASE!!!!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Just saying, if people don't think there is anything special about it, nobody will be interested in your car. ;) That's how I like my cars anyway...

Edit: Nothing at all wrong with cops, but they're rarely a deterrent to many thieves, for what that is worth. I have one literally living 100' from my house, but you bet your ass that I still lock my cars and house.

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
Yeah I might have to try that with the mirror. I think it's more the adjustment gearing then the actually mount though. Oh well. Lol. I classify myself as a SQL guy. Normal listening I love sound quality. Probably would have bought a 10 if I didn't get a deal on this 12. Every now and then I just get in a ghetto rap mood, or I have a bad day, or my friends say turn it up and the rattle begins. You can't hear most of the rattles from the inside. Outside is just the standard license plate, exhaust guard, hatch, ...well, okay kind of a lot. But on the inside it sounds fantastic. Lol. As for theft, you're absolutely right. I'm constantly paranoid about it. Some people say turn it down 5 minutes from where you're going. For me that's would only mean like 10 minutes of music though.

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
Sside;1877170 said:
Lol Bingo..... They are never leaving the car haha..... At first it was just for fun but now, I just cant bare to drive around the same again.... It feels soo good to get out of school and jam on the way out the parking lot with weaklings just staring at you full of hate as you enjoy every second of your bov knowing that the subs are just frosting on the cake of what the car really has $$ invested on...... I miss it soooo bad since its been in the garage for almost 2 weeks now with bad selenoids that by the way I changed yesterday but am awaiting free atf from toyota soo I can get her back on the road.... :D its gonna be on when she gets back...... Ill take some vids and more pics of my install and set up....
One of these days I should post some stuff about my car. Anyways I know the audio fever all too well. My original stereo was very buggy and essentially didn't work, after a few donated items from my older bro I had a four speaker set up on a four channel amp with a basic deck all for around 50 bucks. Wasn't anything wrong with it.well, 2 years and quite a bit more money later I'm pretty happy with it. :) I just hope it doesn't get stolen. Honestly I put a lot of money effort and time into getting a system that wasn't stolen, is well balanced, and still thumps. Took a lot of bargain hunting too. Anyways, I hop in so many cars and the second the stereo comes on I start having ideas of what I would do to it. It's bad. It's practically an addiction. Lol. I'd probably do the same thing with my motor if I could afford it. Just wait till I finish school and rake in the big bucks. Sti here I mod. I mean come.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Well the thing with me is that I love music, I have my own recording studio and I seem to always be involved with music.... I also love my car and I find it very hard to enjoy my car without music... Yes the exhaust sounds sweet but it would be a very boring ride without my music....I can drive a slow ugly car with good music, I cant drive my supra without music..... With that said, the sound system in the car was okay.... Small speakers and no bass but you could still listen to music in a pretty okay and decent way.... The subs despite being 12's actually have impressed me in how agile they can be, I can turn down the bass and have a decent SQ system or turn up the bass and have a decent SP system.... I need to take further pictures of the set up and the amp for yall.... My amp is no bigger than ecu but still gives out 800 rms.....Good stuff :p...

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
Ahhh yes. I'm the same way. I've gone short periods without music for whatever reason. I get anxious, impatient, aggressive. Next thing you know I'm doing pulls up to the speed limit after turns and passing people before merges. Turn on some chillax music and ahhh, my driving almost instantly mellows out and I'm just cruising in my Supra. lol And in the right box with the right amp tuned correctly twelves can sound incredibly clear. I run a single 12 in a ported box tuned 30-35 hz with lpf and hpf all adjusted and stuff and personally I think it's better than most stock systems I've heard (at normal listening volume, not even addressing when you crank it up a few DBs ;) ). If you want a full description of my system I can PM you one. You seem to know a bit about car audio as well. lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Just a couple tips from my experiences:

-For the license plate rattle, put rubber washers behind the plate and the body, should minimize rattle there.

-To prevent easy theft, you have a few options, the more implemented, the better.
1.) What you can't see/hear, you don't want.
2.) Bolt down your speakers. Get creative. The more of a pain something is to remove from a car, the less likely it will be taken.
3.) Make it look factory, as much as possible. My old SS, you never would have known there was a decent setup in there. Hell, I didn't even know it was in there until I hit a bump in the road one day and the wiring connected again... sudden bass when you don't know you have it? Kinda funny. :p