I was bored one sunday, then this happened. ( SUBWOOFERS in an MK3) Pics!!

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Ok sooo its been 4 long years with this car and its small speakers. I have done everything to it from an engine rebuild to a turbo upgrade to a completely new front suspension..... Before the Supra I was a huge car audio fanatic/installer.... But I never even gave thought to doing something in my Sup.... I had some subs sitting in my garage doing nothing soo one sunday I got the bright idea of putting emm in my hatch just for kicks to see if they fit..... They fit!!... A few hours later I was installing a new amp and monster cables in my Supra..... The outcome was, well..... LOUD!..... And to my suprize, the 4" infity's in the front sound soooo good with actual bass support.... This little experiment/boredom cost me some $$ but hey, it was fun.... :D might be taking emm out soon.....

The car
p1868358_1.jpg

The act of being bored and spending money on something useless
p1868358_2.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Holy crap man... I've seen some pretty excessive setups, but I'm surprised that fits, height wise... Little bit much for my needs/taste, but a little bit of extra oomph is always nice. Should post this in the "show us your trunks!" thread in this section. ;)

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
te72;1868368 said:
Holy crap man... I've seen some pretty excessive setups, but I'm surprised that fits, height wise... Little bit much for my needs/taste, but a little bit of extra oomph is always nice. Should post this in the "show us your trunks!" thread in this section. ;)

Lol, yeah it is excessive and overkill but if ima do something Ima do it BIG... I see everyone trying to hide their single subwoofers in the tire bay and trying to make these slick "hidden enclosures" that prob end up sounding like crap due to the limited amount of air space, so I decided to go the complete opposite. I was going to take one of those kickers and get a small little enclosure but I couldnt do it.... I wanted the ability to pull up next to a (SLAB) and show emm a Sup can bang hard too.... My initial plan was two L7's in a custom enclosure that would take up the whole back but thats in the future when I'm done making the HP I want.... Oooh I dont know where to find the show us your trunks sections, I thought it be here in the sound part lol......

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
tyang82;1868424 said:
wow. i thought my box was hugh. I got the same subs with a rockford 500. good enough for.
The subs arent all that great, its the amp that really makes these hit hard...... I run emm with a nano rated at 800 rms 1 ohm stable and wired in series..... When you actually unload this amount of power to emm you would surpized at what they can do... With the same amp I have even pushed two 15's L7s like nothing....

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sside;1868382 said:
Oooh I dont know where to find the show us your trunks sections, I thought it be here in the sound part lol......
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?38227-Let-me-see-your-trunks!

There ya go. And Supras can actually hit pretty hard with minimal effort. No doubt in my mind that I could use one of mine in one of the local audio competitions and impress some folks, but... I prefer sound quality above and beyond volume anyway. :)

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I put 2 12" kickers in my hatch too, it's definately overkill. I got the bass at -3 with the gain turned about middle and I still drown my speakers out in some songs.

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
"Lol, yeah it is excessive and overkill but if ima do something Ima do it BIG"

Words spoken like a true Texan!! It's still pretty hella awesome that it fit! lol

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Whoa lol... This thread actually got going as I was gone working..... Thanks to all the compliments and well its been about a week now and I must say that I am starting to love it, YES its loud and overtake the speakers easy with the bass turned on..... YES its heavy and huge and retarded.... But there are sooo many benefits that I have noticed.. For example, when people cut me off I can annoy the crap out of them by staying behind them and turning it up...... When "gangstas pull up in their chevy imapalas ss's and turn up their 6x9's " I just simply put my windows up and play my fav jams without having to hear their garbage but they can clearly hear mine plus my turb xs blow off valve and rsr exhaust :D...... When I am angry at my manager and is riding home wanting to quit, this system really relaxes me by massaging my back, I jus need ear plugs..... The list goes on and on..... Ima start promoting systems in Supras, we need to have em.......

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
kickers are nice subwoofers
i to use to be real big in car audio
but after having my son have yet to need/want another system
however i have been getting the "ITCH" for another sound system
12's are just not do able for me at this time in my life...im thinking a single 10" JL would suit my needs for a while

my old rx7 i had 2 12" kicker solo barics with a 1800watt kenwood mono class d amp to run them and 2 10" kicker solobarics with another 1000watt amp to run them
lets just say i only turned the 12s on when hanging with my friend or going to car shows :)

have fun with your system and hopefully nobody wants to take it from ya(another reason i dont have a system...to much undesired attention from sticky fingers)

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Daaamn, thats like a mini coffin in the back of that thing...
You can never have TOO much bass!!! Then again I can barely hear low freq sounds cuz of my hearing problem so that might be why i think that. I hear the bass the same time i start feeling it lol

Always wanted to do a single 15" ported in my supra, one of these days...

shit i had 2 15" rockford HX2's in the trunk of my neon hahaha

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Lol thanks for all the compliments, I just wish I was driving my car..... Hate that the selenoids in my transmission decided to quit.....

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
ClutchRR;1876998 said:
some decent subs are the 15 kicker solobaric l7. Base was amazing. But its all in what box you put the speaker in.
Lol decent? Those subs are a little more than decent..... If you can actually deliver the correct rms to them they dont bang, they BANG.....