I want to find out how good Borg Warner Turbos are.

cklynboyz

Building A Beast!
Feb 24, 2012
Brooklyn
How do Borg Warner's compare vs Garrett vs Precision vs Turbonetics? I want to buy a turbo that don't kill my pocket. My goal is to hit 1000hp any ideas or info would be really appreciated.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You're trying to build a 1000hp car without killing your pocket? ::popcorn:: You'll have to let us know how that goes for ya.

Ever heard of the phrase, "fast, cheap, reliable. Pick only two?" Anyway, in seriousness, I've heard really good things about BW turbos being durable and reasonably priced. You're going to want something big enough to hit your goal and have a bit of headroom. However, you're going to probably want to figure out how to keep the thing from being a horrible lag monster...

justanother7m

Jun 16, 2012
Georgia
BW makes a solid unit just stay away from Bullseye and stick with a Billet wheel the Batmo is a waste. These are my opinions based off my experience with forced induction and working with GE turbine engineers on a daily basis "batmo is designed off the GE turbine design".

cklynboyz

Building A Beast!
Feb 24, 2012
Brooklyn
Not going cheap just if u look at the price of a BW to the price of a GT huge difference. But if I can get the same performance from a BW and save money to use in other areas. When all is said and done I will post pics and vids of Dyno results. ;)
All in all I appreciate the info. Thanks!

te72;1887526 said:
You're trying to build a 1000hp car without killing your pocket? ::popcorn:: You'll have to let us know how that goes for ya.

Ever heard of the phrase, "fast, cheap, reliable. Pick only two?" Anyway, in seriousness, I've heard really good things about BW turbos being durable and reasonably priced. You're going to want something big enough to hit your goal and have a bit of headroom. However, you're going to probably want to figure out how to keep the thing from being a horrible lag monster...

cklynboyz

Building A Beast!
Feb 24, 2012
Brooklyn
Thanks for the info truly appreciated.

justanother7m;1887778 said:
BW makes a solid unit just stay away from Bullseye and stick with a Billet wheel the Batmo is a waste. These are my opinions based off my experience with forced induction and working with GE turbine engineers on a daily basis "batmo is designed off the GE turbine design".

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
That doesn't mean its better than the BW. Precision's make great power however sometimes their oil seals go bad. I don't think that's worth it on a $800 turbo. BW are stout, I know someone with one that's been making over 700whp on an rb26 for a few years and he's been trouble free

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
BW are good and solid turbos... And they are not cheap compared with top turbo brands like Garrett.
For example : BW S475 75mm turbo retails around $1200 and the Garrett GT4202 74mm turbo retails for $1300 (both non BB and non billet units).
The Garrett unit of the GT4202R BB will reach the $1900 price tag,and the billet GTX4202R will top around $2600.

BW S475 will not come with a BB option. But they do come with a billet option,around $1500.
And if you get the BW S475 Billet turbo with the option of another A/R than the standard 1.10 (0.90,1.00,1.20) is a plus $170
along with a polished compressor housing which is a plus $75 and a heat coated exhaust housing which is a plus $75 it will be
a total of $1820 USD. So it is not a cheap unit all in all,and if it had the BB option than we could have been talking about a $2400 turbo!

My 2 cents ;-)