I think the time has come

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
My car ( 1JZGTE) has worked flawlessly for some time now and I have enjoyed it alot. However after bragging about it on friday, I got in it saturday and whent to take it to work and every thing went haywire! The car started to backfire and the check engine light would come on. It would not stay running and seemed to be missing alot.
I really had no hint of any problems previous to this. I did notice my boost pressure to be creeping up as high as 17 psi the last couple of times I drove it though and cut out at that point.I had it set @ 14psi. Keep in mind, I am running the stock ecu and map sensor.
Here is a list of my modifications at this time:
370cc injectors (have 440's I want to install)
USDM 2JZGTE cams
3"DP W/y-pipe
HKS COLD AIR INTAKE
HKS dual exhaust
HKS SSQ BOV
HKS EGT
HKS BOOST GAUGE
HKS OIL TEMP GAUGE
HKS FCD
WALBRO 255 L.P.H. FUEL PUMP
VOODO MECHANICAL BOOST CONTROLLER
GODSPEED 4" INTERCOOLER W/ HARDPIPING
PERFECTLY RUNNING HYDROFAN ASSEMBLY
NEW OPTIMA REDTOP BATTERY
R154
STAGE 3 CLUTCH W/13lb. CHROMOLY FLYWHEEL
3.92 REAR END
If I have infact fried this ecu, what are my options as far as engine management? My power goals are not crazy. I just want to support my existing mods and maybe install my 440's and boost to 20psi. I know I will have to upgrade my map sensor.
Can anyone tell me if it sounds like my ecu took a crap? Does anyone have any suggestions for engine management that is not going to cost me $2K to install? I am even entertaining the idea of getting my stock ecu reflashed to match my mods.
Any constructive help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: