i think i broke my oil pressure gauge

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
i took my dash apart to clean and change the coloure of the bulbs and replace my boost gauge with my voltmeter

anyway i put it all back together[mostly] to drive to work and about 100ft down the road i notice i'm reading 120LBS oil press. so i quick pull over and shut down.....get out check under the hood.....pull my fill cap off

nothing out of the ordinary so i wait a while and even with the keys out of the IGN the gauge is reading 40LBS......i put it to ACC and still 40.....start her up....sounds fine reds about 70LBS and goes up as i drive

everything seams fine and operates as normal but my gauge will not go lower than 40

on break i take it all apart again and try to hold it down to 0.....pops right back to 40LBS...:squint: WTF

any ideas...other than get a new one....or any ideas what i did??

john

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My boost gauge is screwed also, so I bought an aftermarket gauge. I suggest you do the same. Maybe buy a pillar and install new boost gauge as well. Just my two cents worth. Good luck............lol

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
The same thing happened to my op gauge when I took the dash apart to install the white gauge faces, only mine just stays on 0lbs. I just got a new gauge and installed it where the cig. lighter was. The only problem with getting a new gauge is the you will need to replace the sender (I think), which is a PIA. Good luck.

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
well i have a lo tek triple pillar pod and an A`PEXi EL series one mech boost gauge

i have a OP gauge from my 89 parts car i am gonna pop in and see whats up

john

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
i think i may have found the problem.....it apears the gauge is put together properly, but that the needle has been moved

if i hold the white peice on the back still and move the needle i can adjust 'zero'

this may 'solve' my problem, but makes me want a new OP gauge as this seams very VERY fowlable and cheap..

john